I had never used the spare tire since I bought the truck 8 years ago, so it was a pain in the butt to get it out from under the bed. However, I eventually got it done after about 1.5 hours. Of course no spare tire holds air for 8 years. My next stop with the gas station across the street to fill it up. All's well that ends well.
No idea. Probably ran over something. They are the original tires but only have 20K miles on them. I had been thinking about replacing them soon anyway. I see 4 new tires in my future rather than fixing the flat one. The tread is pretty much gone anyway.
If the spare was that hard to get out I might have tried to limp it across the street to the station you talked about to see if it would hold air long enough to get a plug kit. Of course that spare needed to come down sometime anyway.
Definitely debated just getting it towed (about 1.5 miles) to the tire store and deal with putting 4 new ones on tomorrow AM. They are pretty reasonable. However, this way I get to shop around.
Good thing it didn't happen on the way to work. Boss: your late. Mike: I had a flat tire. Boss: Yeah right .
This I why I try to remember to lower the spare tire on my truck and check the air pressure and lube the cable once a year. This is when I clean out the receiver hitch also.
8 years old truck....20K on original tires.......anyone else pick up on the fact that this truck has a bit of a cushy life??? Sorry about the flat, I think we have all been there or will be there some day!
I have only put 3000 miles on mine the last 3 years. Flats, the only ones i ever get are one week after new tires
More great news. Transmission fluid leaking up front. Hope it's just a line, not the whole transmission cooler. Oh well.
Yes and no. It's clearly not my daily driver, but when I drive it I put it to work, towing, hauling, etc.
Yup do that too... another life lessons I learned hard way ounce of prevention thing dad always harped on.?
my trick I use never siEze on lug nuts when putting on winter tires cause of salt.. grease traiker hitch receiver and check spare same time!