the hemlock from the trail, I went to this area that was closed off since May. Pic 8005 is the top of a cherry, pic 8006 is a soft maple (I think), pic 8007 is the top of a cherry and 8008 is the rest of the cherry which I'll drop next spring.
Your work just led to more work. Its the good kind though. I can imagine once getting the trail cleared the anticipation of whats around the next corner.... AND.........................
It's a sickness, I only have a few more trails to check so I decided to walk up the hill that runs the length of the brook, only one hemlock that came down across the trail.
Please teach us the trick to making a polka dotted picture! Not a sickness in my book. Just doing something we like to do.
Beautiful ridge trail. Id love to ride it! Do you have any steep hill climbs, or did you make trails with switchbacks with towing in mind?
All the trails were made by the original owner, Sav was up this hill, the start of it is steep enough for me, not sure if others would think it was steep.
Sounds cool. In the woods I work, the less steep the better. Regular trail riding, ill test whatever the trail throws at me.
It seems when I finally get caught up,there's 2-3 more standing dead each month I discover.And this is only 10 acres. The drought over the past 2 summers is finally starting to show its effects.But some of this is 'natural thinning'' also.Lots of the oaks & hickories are getting old & competing for light & space.