Since I got the amaizablaze up and running had to start a stock. Picked up 10 bags of Lignetics and 15 bushel of corn. Just running the stove on low so should last at least a few weeks. The first few days I ran the stove on 2 and used 1 bag of pellets and a little over a bushel of corn. It's set on 1 now so a bag of pellets and a bushel should stretch out to 2.5-3 days.
Plan on doing that for next year. I will be installing the conversion kit to burn only pellets after the heating season. And will be getting pellets by the skid. Nice thing is I have a tractor to unload so I can save some of the work of unloading.
I had to go the the weather sticker, copy and paste it.. Swags, pellets are honestly much cleaner, easier, and safer. The pot won't build up like it does with corn. Glad it's finally doing its job. If I could get corn for cheap, I would still do it. But only do like 20% corn and 80% pellets to keep it clean.
Gettin corm for $4 a bushel right now, and the farm I get them from they are very generous bushels. But it could easily go way up. Be nice to still mix it in if I need to.
Very nice price....that works out to about $2.80/40lb bag or $140/ton, if my 56lbs/bushell is correct for shelled corn. And given your "generous" size, it's even cheaper. I'd burn some corn in a mix if I could get it that cheap.
The farmer uses a 5 gallon bucket and fills it twice to measure a bushel. He said they would be heavier then a bushel, so today I weighed two of the bags. One was 67lbs and they other 64lbs. So average is probably about 65 lbs which would put a 40 lb bag at $2.46 and $123 a ton. Thats pretty cheap compared to pellets. Im burning about 30-35% pellets mixed in right now, maybe ill try to cut that back a little and see if it still burns good.
Do you have to have your own bags? I would love to run a 25%-50% mix in my furnace. I'd still get great heat and save some of my pellets. I'm gonna have to buy more pellets at the rate I'm burning.... I'm almost 1/2 ton OVER what I burned last season.. (the entire season).
No all the local farmers here have plenty of bags left from other feed they buy. I usually take a bunch of bags back to him if I remember but don't really need to.