In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

It may be hot now but...

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Butcher, Aug 7, 2016.

  1. Butcher

    Butcher

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2014
    Messages:
    1,071
    Likes Received:
    7,239
    Location:
    Iowa
    it wont be long and I am needing more kindlin.
     
  2. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Nice job....... won't be much longer
     
  3. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,239
    Likes Received:
    97,557
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    Great vid, Butcher.
    As always:handshake:
     
  4. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,551
    Likes Received:
    141,588
    Location:
    US
    X2!

    You look ready for it now!:thumbs:
     
  5. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    If I have kindling, I use it, so I'm wondering if what ya' got there in the totes is enough.
    I have some this year......more than some years, less than others.
    Gooder process.
     
    Thor, Chvymn99, Star Gazer and 4 others like this.
  6. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    You made quick work outa those blocks :thumbs:
     
  7. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Nice work!:thumbs:
     
  8. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,754
    Likes Received:
    224,662
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    The neighbors at the lake (they winter over in Florida) usually have a fire in their wood stove every morning! this weekend was no exception.
    Very nice people!
     
  9. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,527
    Likes Received:
    95,603
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    that is the only way I can make kindling. I get the axe stuck in the block otherwise.
     
  10. NH mountain man

    NH mountain man

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2015
    Messages:
    6,408
    Likes Received:
    37,833
    Location:
    WMNF N.H.
    When I'm done splitting a bunch of rounds, I have all that gooder stuff all over the ground. Chips and bark, and "shingles", I rake it all up and store it milk crates that MUST be kept dry. It works for me, and no Butcher, your videos are not boring. Quite the opposite.:salute:
     
    Thor and Chvymn99 like this.