In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

B-29 Inaugural Flight - 7/16/16

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by rottiman, Jul 17, 2016.

  1. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX


    Only the 2nd B-29 in existence takes inaugural flight today after a 30 year restoration.
     
  2. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    It was awesome to watch. Thanks rottiman!
     
    Scotty Overkill and rottiman like this.
  3. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    That was awesome to watch. If that doesn't say "America", I don't know what does.
     
    Scotty Overkill and rottiman like this.
  4. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,335
    Location:
    Central PA
    Pure awesomeness.....

    Old legends never die!
     
    rottiman likes this.
  5. Boomstick

    Boomstick Banned

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2016
    Messages:
    1,379
    Likes Received:
    4,615
    Location:
    Saratoga county ny
    I might be wrong but I think it's the 2nd only operational b29 in existence.
    The other one passes through here every summer and has paid tours to help maintence costs( wich are high they can't order new parts)
     
    rottiman likes this.
  6. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Yes the other is called Fifi and I think will be at Oshkosh this year.
     
    rottiman likes this.