In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Looking for a

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by papadave, Jul 8, 2016.

  1. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    decent vid cam that's not too expensive for an upcoming vacay.
    Anybody have a suggestion?
    I like Canon stuff. I have a couple dslr cams from them, but have heard good things about JVC too.
    :popcorn:
     
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    Eric VW likes this.
  2. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    49,000
    Likes Received:
    312,332
    Location:
    Central MI
    Hard to believe but the best video cam I've every had, and I've had a few, is a Kodac camera that takes still pictures but also has a setting for video. Zap has the same camera too that he uses to post pictures on this forum. It is an EasyShare Z980. No doubt they no longer make that number but you should be able to find many similar cameras that are perhaps even smaller. I like small so you don't have to tote around big cameras and then tend to not use them as much.

    Hope you have a good time on vacation.
     
  3. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,679
    Likes Received:
    144,770
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Dave, I have a fujifilm camera, ~$200, bought an extra large capacity sd card for videos. Works GREAT!
     
  4. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,679
    Likes Received:
    144,770
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    PS Dave, make sure its a class 10 or higher so it can keep up with speed on longer videos.
     
    Eric VW and papadave like this.
  5. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Thanks Dennis. I plan to just relapse.:D
    I just remembered the phone takes vids. I'll do a couple tests with that to see how well it does.
    wildwest , uh, what's class 10?
     
  6. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Oh, you mean the SD card. Got it now........I'm a little slow sometimes. :picard:
     
    wildwest and Eric VW like this.
  7. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,181
    Likes Received:
    166,509
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    What kind of phone do you have? Many are very good at taking videos.
     
    wildwest and Eric VW like this.
  8. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,551
    Likes Received:
    141,594
    Location:
    US
    The real question papadave is whether or not you will share these vacay vids here on FHC? Regardless of what you use to capture them....:whistle:
    :thumbs:
     
  9. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,679
    Likes Received:
    144,770
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Exactly:)
     
    Horkn and Eric VW like this.
  10. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,551
    Likes Received:
    141,594
    Location:
    US
    I believe wildwest "exactly" said you're slow.....
    :rofl: :lol:
     
  11. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    My thought.....exactly. hmmm :doh::)