In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Scary, you just never know where or when.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by savemoney, Jun 27, 2016.

  1. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    There were shots exchanged in the local Walmart parking lot. Not what you think could happen in this mostly rural area. But heroin and greed is having a major impact here.
    two bystanders who were open carry stepped up and called a halt to the gunfight and brawling.
    They held the hoods at gunpoint until the police arrived. Instead of saying these guys are heros, the police said a better action would have been to seek safety by getting away from the area. I'm betting the crooks never anticipated someone stopping them.
    'It was instinct' for armed bystander to break up shooting in Augusta store lot - Central Maine
     
  2. bobdog2o02

    bobdog2o02

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2015
    Messages:
    3,010
    Likes Received:
    10,445
    Location:
    Drury Lane, PA
    Good guys with guns stopping bad guys with guns is a win in my book. The LEO comment should have been not to comment....
     
    TurboDiesel, 343amc, HDRock and 11 others like this.
  3. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    X2....
    "Wuss" comment by LEO. :headbang:
    Give these every day Americans their due!:usa::salute:
     
    milleo, TurboDiesel, HDRock and 8 others like this.
  4. bogieb

    bogieb

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2015
    Messages:
    12,557
    Likes Received:
    76,372
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    Yeah, seek safety - because being shot in the back while you're running away is so safe :mad:
     
  5. bocefus78

    bocefus78

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    3,694
    Likes Received:
    19,840
    Location:
    Indiana
    A shoot out over drugs at my local store in broad daylight is what pushed me into carrying 24 7. This was back before the heroin epidemic....it was a Coke deal.

    And yes, copper should have stfu. I agree Leo doesn't need a bunch of untrained people trying to play cop and I'm sure that's all he meant.

    Why is it that when guns stop crime the news doesn't report it? :zip:
     
  6. bassJAM

    bassJAM

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2014
    Messages:
    1,999
    Likes Received:
    6,021
    Location:
    Cincinnati, OH
    There's been a string of armed holdups in the mall and Walmart parking lots by me. They've caught 5 folks already, but there's still some suspects out there. They all seem to be heroin related. My wife doesn't have her CCW permit, but I still encourage her to carry pepper spray whenever she's out.
     
  7. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2014
    Messages:
    3,755
    Likes Received:
    22,702
    Location:
    Western NY
    "Ask your doctor if Heroin is right for you. Astra Zeneca may be able to help."
     
  8. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Yes. Good guys carry guns too.
     
    Chvymn99, savemoney, 343amc and 3 others like this.
  9. tree killer

    tree killer

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2015
    Messages:
    2,463
    Likes Received:
    16,916
    Location:
    Central me
    That stuff is getting bad everywhere here. Bad part you're in the middle of L/A and Waterville. These guys ought to go back to where they came from, this isn't the best place to pull that sort of thing if you get what I'm saying. Next time they might not have to worry about getting bailed out or the court date.
     
    milleo, Chvymn99, savemoney and 3 others like this.
  10. Dana B

    Dana B

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2014
    Messages:
    607
    Likes Received:
    1,588
    Location:
    Southern New Hampshire

    Probably because the mainstream media consists of nothing but left wing freaks who want to see the second amendment repealed by their god crooked Hillary.
     
    milleo, bassJAM, Chvymn99 and 4 others like this.
  11. bobdog2o02

    bobdog2o02

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2015
    Messages:
    3,010
    Likes Received:
    10,445
    Location:
    Drury Lane, PA
    I like this, but be carefull, your flirting with the no politics rules.... just sayin.
     
  12. Dana B

    Dana B

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2014
    Messages:
    607
    Likes Received:
    1,588
    Location:
    Southern New Hampshire
    Sorry just couldn't help it what with Amerika officially becoming a banana republic today.
     
    Chvymn99 and Beetle-Kill like this.
  13. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    He went beyond flirting.

    I've been waiting to purchase an AR 15, but the more I hear about this and places like Orlando, the more I lean towards a pistol and a concealed license.
     
  14. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,277
    Likes Received:
    66,630
    Location:
    IN
    Get 'em while they're get-able.

     
    Chvymn99, Beetle-Kill and schlot like this.
  15. Dana B

    Dana B

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2014
    Messages:
    607
    Likes Received:
    1,588
    Location:
    Southern New Hampshire
    I've never owned a gun in my life but my wife and I have been thinking about purchasing at least one to several for self defense. I'd originally thought a .40 cal but the reading I've done said it's all about shot placement and proper use of the weapon. I read that 9mm are more reliable, cost effective and just as good for self defense in the right hands. What do you guys think?
     
    Chvymn99 and Beetle-Kill like this.
  16. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,277
    Likes Received:
    66,630
    Location:
    IN
    FBI just switched to 9. There's a metric chit ton of info out there...but it boils down to that in a defensive situation caliber doesn't matter between 40, 9, and 45.
     
  17. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    I would rather carry a .22 that I shot effectively , than a .40 I didn't. I own several 9's, no .40's. For your reasoning, factory ammo is less expensive. More bang for the buck. Never use re-loads for self defense.
     
  18. Dana B

    Dana B

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2014
    Messages:
    607
    Likes Received:
    1,588
    Location:
    Southern New Hampshire
    If a shot fired from a 40 or 45 ends up in the wall instead of it's intended target during a home invasion I guess the home owner should have went with something they could have fired better. I'm thinking the 9 is much easier to fire with precision for most people based on what I've heard and read.
     
    Chvymn99 and TurboDiesel like this.
  19. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    As I've been looking at guns (XDM is what I'm leading towards) I actually wonder how are those who carry keeping them hidden? Baggy shirts? Jackets?
     
    bogieb, Chvymn99 and TurboDiesel like this.
  20. bobdog2o02

    bobdog2o02

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2015
    Messages:
    3,010
    Likes Received:
    10,445
    Location:
    Drury Lane, PA
    Remind me for a pic tomorrow....
     
    Chvymn99, schlot and TurboDiesel like this.