In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Tirecappers.com ? Anybody use them?

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by Pallet Pete, Jan 24, 2014.

  1. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
  2. smoke show

    smoke show

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,983
    Likes Received:
    13,948
    Location:
    Pittsfield, Wi
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  3. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    I was seriously looking into them but I have to pay shipping so that was a deal breaker for us. It would run about $700 after shipping.:( They have sexy tires....
     
    smoke show likes this.
  4. chris

    chris

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2013
    Messages:
    3,168
    Likes Received:
    11,288
    Location:
    SE WI
    I have had good luck with Treadway,
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  5. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Looks like $300 for four tires! And FREE shipping from tirecappers! Ok I'm giving them a shot.
     
  6. stuckinthemuck

    stuckinthemuck

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,247
    Likes Received:
    15,345
    Location:
    Wandering around in the NH woods.

    Attached Files:

  7. smoke show

    smoke show

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,983
    Likes Received:
    13,948
    Location:
    Pittsfield, Wi
    In this state you cannot put recaps on steer tires of heavy trucks. Passenger vehicles does not matter.
     
  8. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Wish they had my size. I am going back to a 315/70 from a 305/60. But even if they had 305/70/17, I would give them a shot.

    Looking like I am still using Treadwright.
     
  9. rookie1

    rookie1

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2013
    Messages:
    938
    Likes Received:
    2,418
    I would buy them and not be afraid to use them on my wifes 04 Yukon XL. Im a truck mechanic and have driven trucks also. Ive been taught that retreads,or any tire for that matter, blow because they are underinflated. On any new vehicle there would be TPMS sensors to monitor tire pressure. If you payed attention to the light you would see you have a slow leak and could get it fixed before anything bad happens.In closing Id do it with no reservations.