In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Grandma never ceases to amaze me.

Discussion in 'Non-EPA Woodstoves and Fireplaces' started by WeldrDave, Jan 26, 2014.

  1. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,141
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    No, not my real Granny, the 400+lb one I have sitting on the hearth. It's down to 16* here this morning and the wind picked up about 20+mph last night. I had weekend duty at the base and I came in about 2300 last night.

    I just opend the door to Granny at 0630 and still had fire and enough burning to gittr going again and the room was 70*:fire:. I know some people do not like the old stuff, but in my opinion these old Fishers will run with the Big Dogs any day:D…….
     
  2. Smokinpiney

    Smokinpiney

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,811
    Likes Received:
    20,675
    Location:
    "South" Jersey
    Im actually thinking of replacing my old wood furnace in the basement next year, with an old fisher. A friend of mine has one and man do they put out the heat and hold a long burn!
     
  3. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,141
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    There out there SP, don't know how big you want one but I've seen some Papa bears out there for $300.00
     
  4. Smokinpiney

    Smokinpiney

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,811
    Likes Received:
    20,675
    Location:
    "South" Jersey
    The bigger the better! :fire:
     
    WeldrDave likes this.
  5. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,141
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    I'll keep my eyes out for you, your in my neck of the woods and I have some good connections for Fishers;)
     
  6. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,512
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    I did not have a Fisher Dave but my old stove did a fine job and was built very similar to a Fisher. I may still be burning it if the flue chamber had not cracked. I could look back through the blower chamber and see flame through the crack. I had welded a few other areas so it was just time to move on. I do like my new Buck and love the glass door.
     

    Attached Files:

    WeldrDave, Pallet Pete and raybonz like this.
  7. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,141
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    She looks like a good old BEEFY girl!;)… I will say shes Pretty:D:p, bet she kept you warm at night:whistle:
     
    Locust Post likes this.
  8. oldspark

    oldspark

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,534
    Likes Received:
    7,444
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    I have a Nashua that I will go head to head with any of the new EPA stoves.:)
    Have stove, will travel!
     
    WeldrDave likes this.