In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Saturday's upcoming work

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Well Seasoned, Jan 24, 2014.

  1. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    I am behind majorly on things at home. Saturday I need to move another 1.5 cords into the shed. I also need to split a few chunks smaller, and hopefully clean the chimney. I love this weather, but I'm going through the wood and all this snow is creating a mess bringing wood from the further stack. A few hours and its done.
     
    Gark, HoneyFuzz, Blue2ndaries and 3 others like this.
  2. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    We will trade you some cold for snow, have fun pushing in some wood, what type are you bringing in?
     
    HoneyFuzz and Well Seasoned like this.
  3. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Don't forget the pics.
    :popcorn::)
     
  4. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    If you where closer bro I'd be there with a cold one and help.:) Well maybe coffee it's too cold for a cold one.:zip:
     
    HoneyFuzz and Well Seasoned like this.
  5. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    quote="thewoodlands, post: 50616, member: 12"]We will trade you some cold for snow, have fun pushing in some wood, what type are you bringing in?[/quote]
    It's pretty cold here. I will be moving pear and maple from the rear rack into the woodshed. I will probably mix in some oak.
     
    HoneyFuzz and thewoodlands like this.
  6. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,996
    Likes Received:
    312,290
    Location:
    Central MI
    Get to it Brian. Some more really cold coming at us. Wasn't very warm today either. Started below zero and did get above 10 but the 40 mph wind made it nasty.

    Hopefully things have calmed down for you now and we are going into the second half of winter so there is light at the end of the tunnel.
     
    savemoney, HoneyFuzz and Pallet Pete like this.
  7. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    I'll be working in upper teens, but that's nice working weather. Expecting up to another 4" snow. Should be a good day.
     
  8. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,512
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Hope you managed to get your wood in. It's getting down right nasty now around here.
     
    HoneyFuzz and Backwoods Savage like this.
  9. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Upper teens during the work. Snowed the whole time, stayed warm under the bibs though. Moved the rest of the wood scheduled for this year into the shed except for around a 1/2 face cord of stuff alittle too long:mad: Re-split some stuff that was too large. Came upon a chipmunk nest in the gap of the stack, felt kind of bad about that given the current weather, but overall a good day. :tree:

    20140125_132127.jpg 20140125_135153.jpg 20140125_162052.jpg
     
  10. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Nice work Well Seasoned, it looks like we have another week or so of colder weather.
     
  11. HoneyFuzz

    HoneyFuzz

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2014
    Messages:
    4,490
    Likes Received:
    14,862
    Location:
    Northeast , Ohio
    Sweet set-up in the pics !!! Looks like you did just fine :)
     
  12. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    WS that looks like a great place to live!
     
  13. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Glad its done for the most part. Got the closer and further rack transferred to the shed. Next, would like to clear some trails of snow. Will hook up the 3 tire triangle behind the grizzly after the next snow. Then I can finally get the white oak I bucked 3 months ago.
     
    thewoodlands and HoneyFuzz like this.
  14. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Can you get a picture of the 3 tire triangle?
     
    HoneyFuzz likes this.
  15. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Sure looks like good dry wood.
    Nice shed,
    With the winter your getting,
    it's nice to have "findable " , "snow free", dry wood.

    Looks like it's snowing pretty hard ,
    Good days work !
     
  16. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Here is what it looks like and where I got the idea last year (cubbeezx) husband and wife from Canada that ride, and I enjoy their videos on youtube. Anyway, here's a pic... tie 3 tires together, loop to atv, keep up with trails. I'll take pics or vid when I get my trails groomed a bit.

    Screenshot_2014-01-25-21-48-27.png
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  17. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Nice, how are the tires held together?
     
  18. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Line up the tires and cut holes in them to run the rope through. Then from the rope holding the tires together, finish with a bowline knot to the hitch. That's how I did it, but I'm sure there is a better way.
     
    Gark, trooper and thewoodlands like this.