The Cherry had a broken top from the ice storm and the Sugar Maple snapped in half. The wind was ok for the Cherry drop, when I came back for the Sugar Maple the wind started picking up, so I bucked it up an headed home. We never received any snow overnight, it just starting snowing with some wind gust, nothing bad.
Zap, you have far more motivation that I have today. Cherry and oak in the stove.. Saranac Rye IPA on a coaster. Weather Channel on the TV..
That cold wave is coming in tomorrow so I figured this will be my last day to cut until next week. Another reason I'm in the woods, a chit load of trees down from the wind events last spring & summer. I don't mind it unless it's real cold, when I was working on the Cherry the sun was out, when I went back in for the Sugar Maple you could tell the snow & wind was moving in, recliner here I am.
The amount of trees Mother Nature put down in the spring & summer, I should've realized we would have a tough winter, she does provide a bunch of wood each year.
I hear you there . I feel less guilty cutting up trees that she takes down..over me deciding to cut them down !
They use to call me GIBIR because I grab what's down, I usually don't fell any trees unless the tops are damaged. Get It Before It Rots
Good to hear Locust Post, I think you have more snow than us but we'll get nailed one of these weeks. If Mother Nature lets me, I'll keep on cutting the topped off stuff next to the trail, that will be less work I'll have to do this spring & summer.
Send the snow, it's our towns Winterfest, usually it's busy with sleds running around but this year the trails suck because of the lack of snow so we don't have the sleds around supporting the local business.