In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

No surprise

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by papadave, May 24, 2016.

  1. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
  2. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,549
    Likes Received:
    141,575
    Location:
    US
  3. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    The proponents of this action appear to be political whores.
    Let's hope some light is shined on them, and this proposed action.
    Rep. Hank Johnson was overheard to say-" Too many guns on the island, it may tip over. Gotta do something about that." J/K :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
  4. bassJAM

    bassJAM

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2014
    Messages:
    1,999
    Likes Received:
    6,021
    Location:
    Cincinnati, OH
    I'm sure this will end up in court, and possibly make it to the Supreme Court. Hopefully Scalia's seat is replace by then with someone equally as intelligent.
     
    wildwest, Beetle-Kill and Eric VW like this.
  5. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,731
    Likes Received:
    224,488
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    So they say......
     
  6. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,549
    Likes Received:
    141,575
    Location:
    US
    :whistle:
    :headbang:
     
    yooperdave, HighCountry and wildwest like this.
  7. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,666
    Likes Received:
    144,683
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    In the recent years when I went to a doctor in Colorado as part of my medical history they would also ask if there are firearms in the house.
     
    Eric VW and Beetle-Kill like this.
  8. bassJAM

    bassJAM

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2014
    Messages:
    1,999
    Likes Received:
    6,021
    Location:
    Cincinnati, OH
    Apparently all pediatricians have to ask this by law. I was pretty ticked at my wife for telling them we had firearms.



    Because the truth is they were recently all lost in a tragic boating accident.
     
    LongShot, RCBS, yooperdave and 6 others like this.
  9. bocefus78

    bocefus78

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    3,694
    Likes Received:
    19,840
    Location:
    Indiana
    I don't normally advocate blatant lies, but I'd tell the doc lies in that case.

    I'd like to say tell them to get bent and it's non of their biz, but that just screams "yep...we have lots of em"

    And yes, I too was a victim of a tragic boating accident. You'd think all these boats sinking would make the news lmao
     
    LongShot, RCBS, yooperdave and 5 others like this.
  10. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,666
    Likes Received:
    144,683
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    It fries my husband too.
     
  11. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    I'll share my answer to my Kaiser Dr. who asked about guns- (he's a hunter and very avid shooter so I wasn't too concerned) My official answer-
    Doc, I used to own guns but sold them to support my on-line porn habit. See, that explains this blister I was going to show you.
    He fricken cracked up. :rofl: :lol:
     
    bear_hunter, bassJAM, Eric VW and 5 others like this.
  12. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    I'm grossly overweight, but my doctor has never asked me if I have spoons or forks in my house. Go figure.
     
    bassJAM, Eric VW, RCBS and 6 others like this.
  13. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,287
    Likes Received:
    66,697
    Location:
    IN
    It's a good thing I don't own guns anymore.
     
    bobdog2o02, Eric VW, LongShot and 4 others like this.
  14. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Haven't chewed gum in years... have no idea why the guvmint would want to know if I had any in the house... sheeeez... wait... what...?
     
    Eric VW, RCBS, yooperdave and 3 others like this.
  15. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    It's ok bro, you were close. :rofl: :lol:
    Just like horseshoes. :dex:
     
    Eric VW, RCBS and wildwest like this.
  16. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,650
    Likes Received:
    130,694
    Location:
    Vermont
    Grandpa was a gunsmith.. I do not own Nor have ever FILLED out a form for a gun.. so no...:whistle:
     
    Eric VW, RCBS and wildwest like this.
  17. RCBS

    RCBS

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2016
    Messages:
    6,337
    Likes Received:
    31,583
    Location:
    Over here
    And how do we go about getting criminals to register their firearms? What purpose does the registry serve? These "initiatives" are moot in the modern world of 3D printing anyways. To borrow from an old Doritos commercial: Confiscate all you want, we'll make more.
     
  18. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,287
    Likes Received:
    66,697
    Location:
    IN
    I donated mine to fight the drug war in Mexico.
     
    Eric VW, wildwest and RCBS like this.