In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Non native Oak?

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Unicorn1, May 16, 2016.

  1. Unicorn1

    Unicorn1

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2013
    Messages:
    2,282
    Likes Received:
    8,917
    Location:
    Amarillo, TX
    I picked this up this morning, looks like Oak 20160516_101618.jpg ?
     
  2. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Looks kinda like "woodsie owl Fear and Loathing in Live Oak!":rofl: :lol:
    Never cut any LO Unicorn1, so I can't add much more than I already have.....:confused:
     
  3. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Swamp oak?
     
    Eric VW likes this.
  4. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2014
    Messages:
    3,755
    Likes Received:
    22,702
    Location:
    Western NY
    I believe thats an example of "Need more pictures than that Oak". If it was growing on my property, and I could only look at the end grain straight on, I'd guess Green Ash. Not a lot to go on here.
     
  5. Unicorn1

    Unicorn1

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2013
    Messages:
    2,282
    Likes Received:
    8,917
    Location:
    Amarillo, TX
    One more pic if it will load.
     

    Attached Files:

  6. Jeffrey Svoboda

    Jeffrey Svoboda

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2015
    Messages:
    2,847
    Likes Received:
    16,756
    Location:
    Michigan
    Bark looks like ash but we all know how bad i am at these things.
     
  7. Unicorn1

    Unicorn1

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2013
    Messages:
    2,282
    Likes Received:
    8,917
    Location:
    Amarillo, TX
    Well I'm keeping it.:)
     
  8. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    BTU's, right? Gooder.
     
  9. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
  10. mike bayerl

    mike bayerl

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2014
    Messages:
    3,924
    Likes Received:
    22,456
    Location:
    Central PA
    Nice Hunter S. Thompson reference.:smoke:
     
    Eric VW likes this.
  11. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    You see ol' woodsie owl in that pic, no? Or any animal if Hunter had anything to do with it....:rofl: :lol:
     
    Shawn Curry and Jeffrey Svoboda like this.
  12. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,717
    Likes Received:
    224,375
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Saw it right off the get go.
     
    Eric VW likes this.
  13. mike bayerl

    mike bayerl

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2014
    Messages:
    3,924
    Likes Received:
    22,456
    Location:
    Central PA
    Owl for sure!
     
    Eric VW likes this.