Picked this all out of the yard including the scabbard!! Searching for more btu's We'll know for sure if he tries to climb a ladder But he's just so darn cute! especially when he's trying to help me with the computer
Tim, I still haven't cleaned up all the 1X....2X...twigs....branches.....splits.....snot rags.....socks, or anything else Casper can get his jaws on. I have however, cleaned most of the poo out of the yard.
Glad I'm not the only one that has to clean up the branches, sticks and splits from the yard before It gets cut. My dang dogs will pull splits from the ranger as im unloading and go chew on them in the middle of the grass.
Dogs are so funny at times. A few years back, we cut a hemlock down. Limbed it up and began hauling the limbs off to a pile about 75 ft away. Darn if my big chocolate lab didn't get into it. He started grabbing branches and dragged them of to the pile right along with us. I had a movie of it somewhere. How he got hold of the concept is beyond me, but he did. He's always been a good old boy.
Yep, every split that hits the ground as I'm splitting is Ruger's and every piece is in the back yard
My two labs do the same thing. Except, they won't pull from the stacks. They find any stray branch on the land though.
I kept pointing them out every time we passed some but the dog didn't seem to catch on. Given time though, he might!
As long as your underwear stays in your yard, and not obvious to neighbors, you're doing well. Ahhhh, life with retrievers.... I'd never trade all of that goofiness for anything though.
You'd be surprised what a dog will do when there is food involved... Hide treats around and let him search for them. Play hide an seek with him while on a walk. We did agility training with Turbo and Diesel. I'd like to do some with Ruger but things have been a little crazy lately. He jumps up on any trailer where we are working. He and the wife even did a little trailer surfing around the house here. (Standing on moving objects can be hard to get used to for a dog.) Diesel and Ruger have both climbed a ladder. Both like to run through pipes under a road. Diesel went through an 18" x 50' pipe under the inlaw's driveway, so I knew he'd have no problem with agility tunnels.