Lil one is getting big and strong enough to get up into the higher places I keep medicine. I bought a small case with a combo lock, it worked at first, but then I switched to mail order a mail order pharmacy that sends a 90 day supply, the new bottles do not fit in the small case anymore. My corner cabinet is finally mounted as of yesterday!! I was going to get a lock on it and keep all medicines in there. I wanted something like this, but it does not come deep enough and not sure I want hole that big in the new cabinet door. I found this while googling, clever and easy!! I have an old leather briefcase/purse/laptop attache with 2 zippers from my work traveling days to use instead of $40 for this bag, it will fit more than just prescription medicine, enough room for cold remedies, ibuprophen, even dog ear drops Here is the lock I ordered for the old attache I think this will work! She knows not to touch my pills... But, Safe, not Sorry. And, I can use that tiny corner cabinet for my other junk that does not need kiddie precautions with the same door handles as the rest of the kitchen instead of the big hole for the cam lock
My opinion is to lock them up in steel safe. Pia, I know, but these days the pill heads are kicking in doors once they know what houses have them inside. Your postal carrier, mail sorters, contractors, etc, all know what's in those boxes being delivered. They may not do the door kicking, but they may give up your name or address for a bribe and things like that happen all the time. It's basically a finders fee. Small safes can be had for less than $100. Put the big bottles in there, and keep a weeks supply or so, closer at hand (like in your locked briefcase). Bolt the safe down, in a hidden spot. Like you said, safe...not sorry.
We use this safe, its pretty nice. Not sure how big your meds are but this can hold 4 guns. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002K...n+gun+safe&dpPl=1&dpID=41GvUwH5LTL&ref=plSrch
The steel safe will not keep drug users out of the house, so there is no use getting carried away locking them up. If thieves get in, let them find what they want easily and leave quickly. I think I would use a locking zipper pouch or a locking cabinet, it should be adequate for what you are needing.
Good advice. I remember when you sold you mothers caddy, and WWW grew up in a high crime town too. PS, I have a relative that sold a mobile home, the buyer paid $28,000 in twenties and and one hundred dollar bills
A cousin of mine climbed up on a chair and got into my grandmother's purse and took her blood pressure pills. He was three. The sight of him resting in his casket burned a memory into my mind. Kids will get into everything their fingers and minds allow them to get to. Locked up is the only safe place for pills.
Tragic, very sorry for your loss. It doesn't help that some pills come in different colors that look like candy either. The iron in my multivitamins scares me as well. Granted they are the holisitic herbal stinky ones, but that is no assurance.