In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Before & After

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by thewoodlands, Jan 17, 2014.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Picture 8321 is the brook after the ice storm, picture 8463 is after the January thaw.

    Mother Nature cleaned it out pretty good.
     

    Attached Files:

    milleo, Gasifier, BrianK and 3 others like this.
  2. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Great pics Zap!
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  3. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    Mother Nature made a mess then cleaned up after herself :)
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  4. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Thanks Pete, it was a great day in the woods.

    will711, she does a great job on both ends, I'm just hoping that we don't get any wind events this spring because I have enough trees down.
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  5. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    I hear ya man I'm not a fan of big wind events either .
     
    Pallet Pete and Chvymn99 like this.
  6. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    After a typhoon took the roof of a building I was in, I too didn't care for anymore wind events.
    I keep cutting back trees that might have a chance to damage my home if they should fall.
     
  7. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Nice shots Woodlands! I have plenty of cleaning up to do as well. The dam down here in da big city is flowing even stronger than the pictures I posted a few days ago. I went walking down there last night. A cool thing to see, a fast moving body of water.
     
  8. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Gorgeous pictures!
     
  9. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    So the big leaner over the brook came down and was carried downstream it looks? She cleaned up nice.
     
  10. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I'm not sure what spring will bring but the brook can get wild, usually you get that muddy smell when we get the spring run off.

    I saw that picture, it was flowing pretty good.
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  11. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Thanks Certified, on the county map they have two brooks running through our property, they better put the second one back.

    Fishingpol, I'm not sure if it ended up where it dumps into the river or is in the corner where all the ice is, I'll get a pic tomorrow after some trail work.

    The brook runs straight down then takes a small turn to the right, it might be in the corner before the brook goes to the right.
     
  12. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    MN put some fresh fish habitat down stream for the water critters.
    She has lots of experience :)
     
  13. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Pic 8492 is where some of the ice ended up, pic 8493 is the top of some tree.
     

    Attached Files:

    Pallet Pete and Certified106 like this.
  14. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Love the pictures! Will the brook freeze over with the cold weather headed your way?
     
  15. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Yes, real quick with the weather we're in for.