In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Last fire this season

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by rottiman, Apr 11, 2016.

  1. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Letting the stove burn down for the final time this season. Temps this coming week say it's time for shoulder season propane. Spring is finally trying to happen.................
     
    Gasifier, Brad38, TurboDiesel and 8 others like this.
  2. NH mountain man

    NH mountain man

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2015
    Messages:
    6,408
    Likes Received:
    37,833
    Location:
    WMNF N.H.
    I'm still waiting....I'm ready.
     
  3. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Shoulder season style here as well, but still burning morning and night.
     
  4. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    As I read this I can hear the gas fired hot water register behind me heating up because I did not put wood in the stove this morning. And right before I read it I thought, I probably should go start a small fire in the stove so it feels comfy in here tonight. Just another Spring day in a wood heat lovers life.
     
  5. saskwoodburner

    saskwoodburner

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2015
    Messages:
    2,612
    Likes Received:
    14,907
    Location:
    middle of nowhere Saskatchewan, Canada
    I think we'll have a few more small fires yet, but it's getting close to non essential burning here, a matter of weeks. Winter took one last kick last night with -11 C, and I think she's done for. Around freezing at night, and +10 or 12 C daytime for the next few weeks.

    It's sort of silly already, make a normal fire, shack temp goes to 80 F, crack window.
     
  6. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Not ready to call it quits on the wood burning yet. At least not until we get out of April
     
  7. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    We have some warm weather coming this week. I don't think we're done burning yet but it is easier to turn up the T-stat on a cool morning when you know its gonna be 70 later in the day.:thumbs:
    I do get a little sad when the burning season is over. :(
     
  8. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Started mine back up at 5.....feels good in here now, been raining ALL day
     
  9. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    we will be burning into late May, that is unless it warms up, which it usually doesn't
     
  10. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,717
    Likes Received:
    224,361
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Probably mid-May here.
     
  11. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Worked a few fires in this weekend, but with solar gain we can keep the house up in the lower 70's. Unless sustained winds/rain/highs in the 50's come back, were good til winter re-emerges like a certain muffin-pop-up-head does:whistle:
    :rofl: :lol:

    That's you bobdog2o02.....:wacky:
     
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  12. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    Low forties and rain here tonight. Think I'll go stoke the fire up a little.
    Had the back door open for a while this afternoon while cooking supper. A little too warm.
    I'm ready for some summer. Heading out with the toy hauler and RZR this weekend for "fishing season"....
    well...that's what we call it.
     
  13. UncleJoe

    UncleJoe

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2014
    Messages:
    1,467
    Likes Received:
    5,854
    Location:
    SC Pa
    Not just yet.

    The rest of this week looks to be quite comfy during the day but with overnight temps in the 30's, I'll still be lighting a small fire to take the morning chill off. By the end of the month we should be done.
     
  14. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    Both stoves off right now , but with temps dropping into the 20's tonight the p43 will be running keeping the Man Cave warm that's gonna be the pattern around here for a while on at night off in the day .
     
  15. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Just put a few pieces of kindling in to get it going from the hot coals leftover from this morning. Also added 3 splits. Now it is getting a bit warm in here but this may carry us through the night now.
     
  16. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    House is plenty warm right now, but its going down into the mid thirties tonight and back to mid fifties tomorrow. Need just a little heat so I'm simmering two small splits now and probably throw a couple on later
     
    Backwoods Savage and Eric VW like this.
  17. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    I'll cut back to just burning at night and early morning for a while now.

    Don't hurry too fast Rotti. You could get some snow first or second week of May. :whistle: Hey. You never know up there when everyone one in Canada is going to open their beer fridge at the same time. Could literally change the weather!:D