In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Checking out the Austroflamm Integra

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by Snowy Rivers, Apr 7, 2016.

  1. Snowy Rivers

    Snowy Rivers

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2015
    Messages:
    2,849
    Likes Received:
    12,491
    Location:
    Newberg, Oregon
    Mid winter my Son In Law drops this lovely insert off here a the house for me to fool with.

    Weather was wretched and I did not want to try and work outside.

    Been advertising it on Craigs, but without knowledge of the units ability to operate properly it is hard to sell it on the pretense that IT WORKS ??????????????

    Pushed the little beastie outside this morning and plugged the control panel in and gave it a go.

    I flipped the switch to on and the draft fan starts to spool up, but not very fast.

    OK
    Well I went ahead and lit the fire and shut the door, then the fire nearly went out and smoked a lot.

    Sitting there wondering ?????????????? and the draft fan spools up to what seems like a pretty good clip, and the fire catches on and things start happening.

    I have no experience with this make of stove, so just going on instinct.

    The instructions on the panel says it will run on medium for 8 minutes then switch to manual control.

    Sounds good

    The fire grows and grows and within maybe 5 minutes the room air fan is blowing on what appears to be low speed.

    After about 20 minutes I ran the thing from real low and let run for 15 minutes then medium for 15 then high and then back to low.

    It seems to work marvelous.

    Very quiet and smooth.

    Now with some good hands on maybe I can sell this beast.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. don2222

    don2222

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2013
    Messages:
    3,438
    Likes Received:
    4,874
    Location:
    Salem NH
    Hi Snowy
    They can take a standard 1 RPM gearbox auger motor.
    The Austrian motors are very expensive.
     
    ivanhoe likes this.
  3. Snowy Rivers

    Snowy Rivers

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2015
    Messages:
    2,849
    Likes Received:
    12,491
    Location:
    Newberg, Oregon
    Thanks Don

    Well, this little creature is destined to become the property of somebody else.

    I just wanted to be sure it worked well (Properly)
     
    Wilbur Feral, ivanhoe and jtakeman like this.