In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

How to properly replace your blinker fluid

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by HDRock, Apr 5, 2016.

  1. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    It's truly amazing what one can learn here.
    I'm so glad I'm following this thread, as I was unaware that muffler bearings are maintenance free. Glad I never had those done. I'd certainly feel like a complete Id10T if I had.:D
    I need to get on that air exchange soon............
     
  2. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,745
    Likes Received:
    20,783
    Location:
    Mid Ohio
    if you can, capture the winter air you remove, you can reinstall it next winter and it will be aged already. I find mason jars work best. Make sure to wear gloves as winter air is cold and could cause burns.
     
    bogieb, papadave, wildwest and 4 others like this.
  3. bobdog2o02

    bobdog2o02

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2015
    Messages:
    3,010
    Likes Received:
    10,445
    Location:
    Drury Lane, PA
    This is a big reason why I have snow tires and normal tirea. It saves the time on changing out the air twice a year... I just leave the winter air in the snows and the summer air in the others.
     
    HDRock, Viking80, Stinny and 4 others like this.
  4. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,281
    Likes Received:
    66,636
    Location:
    IN
    I think my exhaust pump might need replaced. Should I upgrade to the next size up?
     
    HDRock, Stinny, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  5. bobdog2o02

    bobdog2o02

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2015
    Messages:
    3,010
    Likes Received:
    10,445
    Location:
    Drury Lane, PA
    Bet it's a Chrysler product, their exhaust pumps have always been sub par... the one on my 2500 cummins truck dies about 3 times a year, it's ok. I have a station in my shop to rebuild them now.
     
    HDRock, Stinny, bogieb and 1 other person like this.
  6. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,281
    Likes Received:
    66,636
    Location:
    IN
    Maybe I should just get an exhaust pump delete kit since we don't have inspections in IN?
     
    HDRock, Stinny, bogieb and 1 other person like this.
  7. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,745
    Likes Received:
    20,783
    Location:
    Mid Ohio


    but then the engine will fill up with exhaust and that's not good, your MPG will go way up and the poor gas stations will go broke.
     
    HDRock, Stinny, bobdog2o02 and 2 others like this.
  8. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,281
    Likes Received:
    66,636
    Location:
    IN
    Good point. I should upgrade to the dual inline exhaust pump then...and buy some Exon stock.
     
    HDRock, Stinny, bobdog2o02 and 2 others like this.
  9. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Heading down to the islands?
     
    bogieb and wildwest like this.
  10. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,281
    Likes Received:
    66,636
    Location:
    IN
    He should probably service his propeller and inspect the flotation devices before driving to the islands....especially on a Dodge.
     
    HDRock, Stinny, bobdog2o02 and 3 others like this.
  11. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    [​IMG].................. :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
    HDRock and wildwest like this.
  12. bushpilot

    bushpilot

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2015
    Messages:
    3,240
    Likes Received:
    14,366
    Location:
    Eastern Washington
    Exactly what I do!
     
  13. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    I ordered my Engine Oil Bypass Kit today ,I'll be installing it next week , should result in some horsepower gains!

    [​IMG]
     
    bogieb and wildwest like this.
  14. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    He needs the Car to Plane Kit
    It is made of only the highest quality metals. Satisfaction is guaranteed 110%. We know you'll like it - No one has EVER returned one of these kits!
    Car to Plane Kit
    $1,450.99

    [​IMG]
     
    bobdog2o02, bogieb and wildwest like this.
  15. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,745
    Likes Received:
    20,783
    Location:
    Mid Ohio
    going commercial this time, wife did not appreciate the Dodge amenities. She did not like having to climb out the back window to relieve herself in the porta potty. Also being a Cummins i could not get the necessary prop speed for cruising, had to keep waving the geese around me.

    The temperature differential from Ohio to St Croix caused over inflation of the tires and i had trouble landing. Then to top it off the blinker fluid evaporated and i could not signal the other aircraft when i was changing course.
     
    bobdog2o02, bogieb, HDRock and 2 others like this.