Who's getting slammed with these winds? Gusting around 50 mph...... branches snapping, trees bending, chit flying...... pulled down the flags before they rip off the house. I expect power to go out since this will keep up through the night. Stay safe all!
A good bit of that wind went through here early in the day... I was hoping it would blow some of the stink off the blooming Bradford pear........ *goes outside and sniffs*........... Nope
Good reason to stay in and forget about going outside until it is over. I wouldn't let the dogs off leach. ( Should they get spooked or lost in the storm . ) Hope morning comes and all is well. who knows, maybe you will have some more firewood to process nearby!
What'd ya say??? I can't hear you over the houling outside! .. It's blowin hard over here. Sustained winds around 30mph, gust are wayy over 50 id say. Hold on to your hats!
The winds were wicked strong here. The weather thing said winds 20 to 30 with gusts up to 45. All I know for sure is outside work was out of the question. The tree tops were swinging wildly back and forth about 15 feet or more and sounded like a freight train. I could have sworn I had seen a few cord of wood go flying by. Not a split or two at a time, but by the cord! Talk about air dried!
Mrs TD said the Penelec trucks were everywhere earlier. We are in a hole here and it was pretty noisy. Even heard a tree snap as I headed out to cut some limbs over the driveway...I didn't stay out long...
We never received the winds, they pretty much stayed south of us which is ok with me. We have some warm weather coming in followed by that cold front, that should mean some winds. They started out (April 3, I think) at 56 mph gust but today I see 32 mph gust, we'll see what they really are. It all starts on Saturday night 4-2 through Sunday 4-3, wind gust over 40 mph. So far they've been wrong on the winds for us.
lost some tops off the standing dead stuff. kinda glad they were in spots I did not want to cut, for fear of damaging something. they wound up breaking and falling straight down.
We had bad wind even for here yesterday and over nite. Still 20-30 mph today. We are 1000' up on the plateau off Lake Erie just before you hit the allegheny/Appalachia mts and really get slammed this time of year. Warm air cold lake water = bad joojoo
Still windy here, but the nasty stuff ended sometime during the night. After work we'll run Maple with the atv's and see if anything came down. Thankfully we never lost any power.