Three weeks later, my finger is healing up nicely and the weather and work were cooperating, so I put in a couple of hours of splitting with my hydraulic splitter and stacking. It was nice to get back to firewooding.
Fingernail is starting to loosen up again. Back to putting a bandaid over it to keep from popping completely off. Doc told me to try to keep it on as long as possible to help guide the new nail under it. I to admit I'm really tempted to pluck it off and be done with it. It can't be but <10% of the nail still stuck on the nailbed.
Why you on the 'net during dinner? BTW, when it finally does come off (AGAIN!) I may have to find a little box to store it in like Goldmember.
Nail is off again, for the second time. My new nail is making rapid progress. Should be something near normal in a couple of months. Now, I need to regrow some nerves into the chunk of wood that I currently call my finger tip! That will take some time and patience, too.
Glad to hear you're on the mend Mike, it's a good thing those nails grow back I think I grew back about 5 of them so far
Thanks. I will take it easy on my finger. It's semi-numb now, so it's extra susceptible to injury. However, I need (want) to get my wood pile ready for next winter, which means putting up a couple more cord of fast drying red maple, poplar, cherry, and black birch, while I give my oak 2-3 years to dry.
Great! You can test the growth progress of your nerves re-establishing themselves by hitting the end of your finger every day with a hammer. The day you feel it, you'll know the nerves have grown back!!