WWW asked for a new one for his birthday. He had this one (or similar) for a lot of years. It had an an unforturnate accident with his truck tires Sears.com He wants to be able to start my 2005 duramax in the cold if needed, something about normal chargers do not have enough juice? You guys are the best, thanks in advance
Here's a good one WW. This is the type any way... needs that big amperage for cold starts. Schumacher Wheeled Starter/Charger 200/100/40/10/2 Amps, Manual, Model# SE-4022 | Battery Chargers| Northern Tool + Equipment
And this type charger wildwest will keep a good/new battery fully charged 24/7, which helps any battery last much longer in cold climates...
There ya go wildwest , good price and I know your a Prime member get it in 2 days I don't know anything about starting a Duramax Diesel though
So, I am decided between the Schumacher 4022 and the Napa almost equivalent, mail order vs local service. Except, local service is $90 more plus tax! Hey Horkn , smoke show , MasterMech and anyother motorheads, whats your opinion?
I'm going to tell you to get the best battery you can afford. Then start the vehicle during cold weather and let it warm up. Prevention is best!
Thanks Stinny, at this point in our age and our circumstances, I doubt I can get WWW to hook it up regularly, or "predict" when I might take it out unexpectedly, or that one or both of us might take off while its hooked up and cause trouble. I also barely make into the truck in the winter and get the glo plugs ready to fire the engine for my heated seat will run and before stuff starts to hurt, I have a feeling I would not want to take the minute or two to unplug it. Our garage is warmer than the outside, but just not warm enough for my stupid needs. Excellent solution, we are just too weird to be able to use your common sense advice......
I have this one Same as the big one on wheels. Smaller package, starts anything I have a couple of the Battery Tenders. Very handy for all the toys. Couldn't live without it. Makes a great stocking stuffer too. Since you will probably be starting you christmas shopping soon anyhow...
Hey Tim, I can still cancel the wheeled one order if this one is better. Obviously it will be easier for him to pack in his boat or RV.....
should be about the same if there is a similar model that says "automatic" instead of "manual", that may be a better option . the manual model says "must be monitored" i think the automatic model will charge only as much as needed...not 100% positive though
I let the cat out of the bag and asked him. He said wheeled will be more useful for most of the use here, and will make do with hauling it in the RV and boat. Then said after I mentioned the automatic vs manual, he only knows manual and likes that better being very familiar with them (he is mister cautious btw). Thanks for the great suggestions friend, hope you and yours are doing well.
Bummer, I just tracked the battery charger. It made it all the way to Cheyenne, and was sent back as damaged. FYI its Schumacher that Stinny suggested in the very beginning via Jack Straw Amazon link. I will order again