In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Two Maples

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Jan 18, 2014.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I think both of these are Sugar Maples, after cutting some rounds off of the leaner, I dropped tree # 2 so it would make cutting easier.

    I have another pile of wood from this (not pictured) I ran out of room on the card so I guess it's time I delete some pictures.
     

    Attached Files:

    milleo, fishingpol and raybonz like this.
  2. raybonz

    raybonz Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    4,225
    Likes Received:
    9,758
    Location:
    Carver, Mass.
    Nice quality firewood Zap!
     
  3. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    Ya, that is some nice wood right there.
     
  4. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Since we have a ton of Cherry down that will be worked on in the spring, I'm going after the damaged or down Sugar Maple or Beech.

    I did notice two topped off Yellow Birch (my guess) that would be easy to get to.
     
    raybonz likes this.
  5. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Nice high quality btu's there!
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  6. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    The 660 was throwing some chips today, just wish I had the 18 inch bar on instead of the 25.
     
  7. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    How do you tell what kind of Maple it is? Is there a lot of different kind?
     
  8. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I was up there when they had leaves on them, but here is a link on how to identify them.

    http://uptreeid.com/Species/maples.htm