In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

GTG April 23

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Backwoods Savage, Mar 22, 2016.

  1. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    49,005
    Likes Received:
    312,377
    Location:
    Central MI
    Just thought I'd let you folks know that I just took a rough count and although many have had to cancel their plans on coming, it appear we'll still have a good crowd. Total as of now is 26 with 5 of those being possibles. We're planning on having a great time rain or shine.

    If anyone else wishes to come and they haven't been added to the private conversation, please let me know and you will be added and also very welcome. There will be good food, good friends and a good time.

    We really don't care if any work gets done or not so long as everyone has a good time. It's been difficult for me to get any wood cut this winter but I've tried to scrounge up a few logs for buzz piles for a few fellas to warm their saws up on and we have plenty; make that lots of dead ash and elm that are just begging to be cut up. Skeeters should be no problem as we don't normally get a hatch until well into May.

    Here are a couple log piles we worked on gathering. Some has been added to them and more will be added to them before the GTG.
    Log pile 1-29-2016.JPG

    Wood pile-2b.JPG
     
  2. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,552
    Likes Received:
    141,605
    Location:
    US
    Hope you're snow-free by then Dennis!!! If not we can have one heck of a snowball fight :rofl: :lol::thumbs:
    I said "we" because I plan to be there, thanks to some great carpool offers!:D
    Physically, I'm about at 65% right now, and trying not to do anything else to impede the hernia repair healing:whistle:, so we'll see how active I can be with a saw in a month.
    Looking forward to the GTG and all it will be:)
     
    Backwoods Savage and papadave like this.
  3. Mag Craft

    Mag Craft

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2014
    Messages:
    4,802
    Likes Received:
    27,738
    Location:
    South East Wyoming
    Sounds like a good time. I went to one in Indiana last year but will not be making any this year , but you never know maybe next year if something is happening.
     
    Backwoods Savage and Eric VW like this.
  4. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,878
    Likes Received:
    121,659
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Wish it wasn't quite so far for me. I feel a definite lure to the great state of Michigan. I could never convince my wife to move further north as I believe she is part cold blooded, lol. I'm sure you guys and gals will have a good time. Take pics and stuff so those of us that can not make it can see what we missed.
     
  5. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I don't think you're gonna' have much choice there......a bunch of folks showing up with chainsaws itching to cut wood, then splitters sitting there waiting to split the heck outta sumthin'?
    Yeah, wood WILL be processed.....count on it.:thumbs:
     
  6. bocefus78

    bocefus78

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    3,694
    Likes Received:
    19,840
    Location:
    Indiana
    I might put myself into the maybe category instead of the no show if I can bring my dog (lab) and tent camp. He will be crated if saws are out and on a gps collar when not in the crate. Thoughts on pets? He's super well trained. No barking.

    Edit to add: I'll bring my own shovel and scoop up any mess :)
    I feel bad asking about the dog, but boarding (I live alone) would double my cost for the trip.

    I can drag a trailer and bring an atv or splitter if those are needed as well. Or both.
     
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    schlot, Backwoods Savage and Eric VW like this.
  7. tree killer

    tree killer

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2015
    Messages:
    2,463
    Likes Received:
    16,916
    Location:
    Central me
    I haven't been to that neck of the woods since 2010, would love to be there again. Only problem is that my daughter plays softball and the season starts April 12 and goes to end of August. You are a good man Dennis for doing this and I wish I could be there.
     
    Backwoods Savage and Eric VW like this.
  8. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    49,005
    Likes Received:
    312,377
    Location:
    Central MI

    Thank you tree killer and we surely wish you too could be here. If not, then cheer on that daughter of yours and enjoy her as it won't be that long and she'll leave to start her own life and family. Believe me, that time will pass super fast and you'll wonder how it could have happened that fast.
     
    Eric VW likes this.