In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

DST...don't forget

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by brenndatomu, Mar 12, 2016.

  1. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,114
    Likes Received:
    163,184
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Gotta go to bed an hour early...I wish "they" would just pick one...and then leave it alone! I just seen on the news tonight...they said heart attacks go up by 25% around when the time changes
     
  2. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    Already re-set my clocks. I can believe the heart attack thing. Wake up Mon. morning and realize you're already an hour late for work.....then Aaack!
     
  3. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Gotta love newer alarm clocks- they reset on their own!:yes:
    $15 wrist watch- not so much:confused:
    :rofl: :lol:
     
  4. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,645
    Likes Received:
    144,588
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Thanks!! I thought it was next week :rolleyes:
     
    Backwoods Savage and yooperdave like this.
  5. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Are you sure it's not next week, in Wyoming?:rofl: :lol:
    Or maybe just in your house?:rofl: :lol:
    J/K, WW- you know I couldn't resist :whistle::yes:
    :D
     
  6. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,645
    Likes Received:
    144,588
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Ha!! I think that is only Arizona:)
     
  7. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,645
    Likes Received:
    144,588
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    More important, I have a doc appt on Monday. I have no doubt WWW will change all the clocks here but I usually use my manual computer clock. It will not keep time with settings after power outages and confuses me.
     
  8. saskwoodburner

    saskwoodburner

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2015
    Messages:
    2,612
    Likes Received:
    14,907
    Location:
    middle of nowhere Saskatchewan, Canada
    Our clocks stay the same in Saskatchewan year round.:thumbs:
     
  9. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    New batterys should cure that.:rofl: :lol:

    Gary
     
  10. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Must always be beer-thirty, eh?:D
     
  11. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,713
    Likes Received:
    224,348
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    I happened to have the weather channel turned on at the same time the time changed this morning. (damm insomnia)
    It immediately went from 2:00a.m. to 4:00a.m.
    But only there for a minute.
    I guess that not only do they have trouble with weather predictions, they also have trouble with time settings!!
     
  12. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    I made it to church on time today.

    Last year I arrived only to see everyone leaving...I just kept driving by. :)
     
    wildwest and Backwoods Savage like this.
  13. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,508
    Likes Received:
    95,507
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    I was wondering if Sask still did that. I think you are the only province as well.
     
  14. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,114
    Likes Received:
    163,184
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Pastor asked how many of us meant to be at the 10:30 service...instead of the 11:30 :D
     
    wildwest, Backwoods Savage and schlot like this.
  15. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,713
    Likes Received:
    224,348
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    And to think it was getting a fair amount of light out at work time....:picard:
     
    wildwest and Backwoods Savage like this.
  16. saskwoodburner

    saskwoodburner

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2015
    Messages:
    2,612
    Likes Received:
    14,907
    Location:
    middle of nowhere Saskatchewan, Canada
    Apparently some in Sask change right near the border city of Lloydminster, and again on the far east near the Manitoba border too. Creighton/Flin Flon.
     
    wildwest likes this.
  17. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
    I'm all for the no change also. One way or the other. Still 24 hours in a day. Still hard to believe in MI that we voted it down more than once. The last time it was on the November ballot and voted down but we still had it the following year. So much for majority voting.
     
    yooperdave and wildwest like this.