In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Bistro Pan-Seared Scallops

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by thewoodlands, Mar 11, 2016.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334

    Attached Files:

  2. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
  3. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,552
    Likes Received:
    141,605
    Location:
    US
    Gourmet right there!!!
    Nice presentation too thewoodlands :thumbs:

    Been a little while so, how'd it taste then, and are you continuing to "experience" the flavor?
    :whistle:
    :D
     
  4. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Next up is some Easter Bread.
     
    1964 262 6, Horkn, papadave and 2 others like this.
  5. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    :drool::drool:Looks delicious!:chef:
     
  6. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Looks very gooder zap.
    I'd have to use shrimp though.....not a scallop fan.
    Had never heard of Easter bread, but it looks gooder too, from the recipes I found.
     
    1964 262 6, thewoodlands and Eric VW like this.
  7. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,181
    Likes Received:
    166,510
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    I love scallops. Good stuff!
     
  8. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    We're all set to make the Easter Bread tomorrow, I hope it's good.
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  9. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    Gotta try this!

    Gary
     
    Well Seasoned and thewoodlands like this.
  10. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    We mixed up the dough this morning after breakfast, it should be doubling in size in 40 minutes and then we'll make the shape of the Easter Bread and let it raise again.
     

    Attached Files:

    Well Seasoned likes this.
  11. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I tested the first one, it came out very good for our first time, the second loaf looks even better. 100_9954.JPG
     

    Attached Files:

    Chvymn99, Well Seasoned and Woodwidow like this.
  12. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,532
    Likes Received:
    95,624
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    recipe? I will probably try hot cross buns later this week.
     
    campinspecter and Well Seasoned like this.
  13. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Well Seasoned and Woodwidow like this.
  14. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,532
    Likes Received:
    95,624
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Thanks. I have copied it into my recipe file.
     
  15. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    My grandmother made this but I don't have her recipe, next up will be some Italian Bread.
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  16. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Looks great Woody- and Italian bread is my weakness! Definitely make some when your tomatoes are in season for some bruchetta!
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  17. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I brought the second Easter Bread to my father today, he said he liked it so in papadave 's words, I guess I did "GOODER".
     
    Well Seasoned and Woodwidow like this.
  18. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Gooder is a gooder thing! Glad he liked it. Looks delicious!