In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

The birds are "cache"ing in.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by fishingpol, Feb 28, 2016.

  1. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    I found a chunk of apple tree root in the wood pile last fall with a sunflower seed stuck in it. I put the piece up and under the mud oven roof. Over the winter a few more seeds were stuck in the chunk. I have a few more pieces to slab up, and I think I will hang them various places around the yard.

    20160228_114115.jpg
     
  2. NH mountain man

    NH mountain man

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2015
    Messages:
    6,408
    Likes Received:
    37,833
    Location:
    WMNF N.H.
    Nuthatches like to look in the bark crevices for bugs to eat. They may have put the seeds there.
     
    Backwoods Savage and fishingpol like this.