In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Sheds

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by swags, Jan 14, 2014.

  1. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Bucks are starting to drop antlers, haven't been out to look but started the excitement by buying a few sheds. The guy that hunts next to me found a few sheds from the deer I killed and one that we are trying to kill and offered them to me. I had already planned on buying the two from the deer I killed and was more than happy to add in the big one. This is from the deer that Jumped in front of my truck this year but he survived so there is still a chance to shoot him next year. First pic is the shed from the last two years off the buck I killed this year. Other pic is the shed from last year of the buck we are still after.
     

    Attached Files:

    Paul bunion, Certified106 and raybonz like this.
  2. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Nice

    Went out & got a pick of the sheds by the shed :)
    couple years old
    Snowing, 28°

    DSCF2427.JPG DSCF2425.JPG
     
    Paul bunion and Certified106 like this.
  3. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Would love to have some moose sheds, also be great to hunt them one day. It's on my bucket list.
     
    Certified106 likes this.
  4. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    I haven't found any yet :(
     
  5. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    Vermont Moose. My father found it in back of our camp a few years ago. I ran into some bunny hunters a year later who told me that their dog had pulled one out of the snow the previous winter in the same area. It was probably the other half.



    IMGP9889.JPG
     
    milleo and Certified106 like this.