I know you guys out in the mid west have got "Tree Dumps" which I think is amazing. ...where people go to throw away their unwanted wood. Well, here in NH and the Northeast a new trend is Wood Pantries, based on the kind hearts of people that help their neighbors in need.
Ummmm. I wonder how many would "take advantage" of that? And how/whom they decide if they are "in need". Interesting.
In these little New England towns, everyone knows everyone.. the churches take care of their own, first. ...after that they work with the local Dept of Family Services or sometimes called Social Services. Usually focusing on the elderly, disabled, and then families in need first. I doubt they let it get abused, or if it is abused, they go along with it, because if you need it that bad...
Sounds like a good deal. Cut more wood to help someone out who needs it. Win Win if you like to cut wood like most of us.