In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Topped Off Cherry

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Jan 31, 2016.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I have this planned for the middle or the end of this week, it's not a huge Cherry but it's damaged at the top, you can see the top the wind took down in picture 9837.
     

    Attached Files:

    unclefess, papadave and Horkn like this.
  2. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,181
    Likes Received:
    166,511
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Looks to be future firewood to me. :saw:
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  3. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    49,012
    Likes Received:
    312,404
    Location:
    Central MI
    Get it down Monday if you can Zap. Might get a bit windy in a couple days.
     
    papadave, thewoodlands and Horkn like this.
  4. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    We'll see what the wind is like, we might have some gust either tonight or tomorrow @ 45 mph, not real bad but enough to bring some branches or tops down.

    Earlier they were saying Wednesday would be the worst for wind.
     
    Backwoods Savage and Horkn like this.
  5. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    For heat tonight we have homemade bake beans with some hot dogs. :fart:
     
  6. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I dropped the Cherry today and then I split it, I threw it in the pile of Cherry I started until I have room in the area it will be stacked. in
     

    Attached Files:

  7. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Wow zap, where's all the snow?
     
    Horkn likes this.
  8. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    This is another topped off Cherry I plan on getting, maybe tomorrow.
     

    Attached Files:

    Horkn, Backwoods Savage and papadave like this.
  9. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Most of the hills have nothing, more ice than snow.
     
    Horkn and papadave like this.
  10. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,181
    Likes Received:
    166,511
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    It's almost that bad here too. Snow will fall again tomorrow to whiten it up again.

    How's the new splitter seat treating you? I see it in the back of the rhino, so it had to be decent enough to haul out to the woods.
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  11. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    It's great, that picture is in the woods but near the house where I was splitting, I might take the splitter back in tomorrow to split some Cherry on the property I cut most of our wood.
     
    Backwoods Savage and papadave like this.