In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

New record

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Backwoods Savage, Jan 18, 2016.

  1. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    49,005
    Likes Received:
    312,369
    Location:
    Central MI
    This picture was taken about a week before his year was up! Kurt Searvogel, aka Tarzan, broke a long standing bicycle record for most miles in one year. After this ride, which officially broke the old record by a mile, Kurt went on in the next week to add another 1,000 miles to his total for 76,066 miles in one year! That averages over 200 miles per day, every day for a year. How many would even consider this? Not I... Maybe bogydave would though.

    Kurt Searvogel record.jpg
     
  2. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,781
    Likes Received:
    66,379
    Location:
    Central PA
    Back when I did a lot of mountain biking and racing, and a little road racing, my best year was around 15,000 to 18,000 miles of riding.....and I LIVED on the bike. Every weekday I'd do at least 20 to 40 miles, depending on time of year and weather, and around 200 miles every weekend. Having kids put a halt to that kind of riding time...

    I cannot even begin to imagine riding 76,000 miles in one year..
     
  3. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,240
    Likes Received:
    97,563
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    I can't imagine driving 76,000 miles in one year, wow, amazing
    how many calories would that take?
     
  4. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I got up to about 15 a day but then I got bored and started powerlifting. At my peak i had to eat about 4500 calories a day to maintain. Explains why I'm fat now, don't it? :beerbbq:
     
  5. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    49,005
    Likes Received:
    312,369
    Location:
    Central MI
    You've got me topped Scotty. Perhaps when you come out I'll let you ride a really nice bike!
     
  6. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    49,005
    Likes Received:
    312,369
    Location:
    Central MI
    Probably around 7,500 or more per day.
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.