In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

88 in the house this morning...

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by slvrblkk, Jan 6, 2014.

  1. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    Not sure what I was thinking but I had the stove on full bore last night. Woke up early this morning thinking I had a fever! Nope, forgot that the outside temp was going way up overnight and woke up to the living room being 88*....Needless to say I shut-her-down for the time being......
     
    will711, jtakeman and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  2. IHATEPROPANE

    IHATEPROPANE

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2013
    Messages:
    4,678
    Likes Received:
    19,111
    :rofl: :lol: my house was similar.....stove was idling one low but it was 76.....way too hot. I just left it alone because it is supposed to go from 55 to 10 sometime today....WTF :mad:
     
    slvrblkk likes this.
  3. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,318
    Likes Received:
    55,531
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    I left mine on high/low. Temps was 74˚F this AM and I was sweating! It wasn't supposed to be 50˚F freekin degrees outside! Weather men said we may see high 30's! I shut the stove down until we get home! Temps are supposed to drop like a rock with a low of 10˚F tonight!!

    Goofy azz weather if you ask me!
     
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
    slvrblkk likes this.
  4. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    We set the Yankee on auto (75) since the temp was going up overnight, tonight we'll have the Yankee on maual feed and the Lopi Liberty going with some nice Beech, wind chills should be about -21.

    We heat from the basement.
     
    slvrblkk likes this.
  5. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,529
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    Put the stove at #3 last night(hi/lo).....I had taken the dog out for her last walk and realized how warm it was. House was 69* this am. :D Also dumped in a bag of the Timber Heat. More real cold on the way, so gotta save those Sets/Ligs/AWF.
     
    slvrblkk likes this.
  6. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    Keep it cranking tonight Steve :)
     
  7. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    I put the Hamer's in :D
     
    will711 likes this.
  8. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,318
    Likes Received:
    55,531
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    PTL's in for tonight. Weather man say's low around 10°F.
     
  9. smoke show

    smoke show

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,983
    Likes Received:
    13,948
    Location:
    Pittsfield, Wi
    -16 now. been around -45 windchill all day... :eek:
     
  10. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,318
    Likes Received:
    55,531
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    Holy chit smoke. :eek:
     
    smoke show likes this.
  11. brokenwing

    brokenwing

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2013
    Messages:
    644
    Likes Received:
    1,701
    Location:
    Northern MD, Near the PA LIne
    I am with ya smoke -17 tonight with the windchill. It is cold!
     
  12. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    What a difference a day make....only 70* in the house this morning full bore....lol

    Currently 0* with wind chills up to -20*
     
    will711 likes this.
  13. IHATEPROPANE

    IHATEPROPANE

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2013
    Messages:
    4,678
    Likes Received:
    19,111
    The wind is a killer....my stove was chugging along nicely, was actually on low for most of the morning. Vermont's are so nice :)
     
    slvrblkk likes this.
  14. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,529
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    Windchill hit -30 here this morning at around 10am. Lowest I can recall. o_O
     
  15. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    Me too:thumbs:
     
    slvrblkk likes this.
  16. subsailor

    subsailor

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    3,693
    Likes Received:
    14,973
    Location:
    Winthrop, Maine
    You Southern NE and NY folks have it easy. Had to use a long flat bladed screw driver to pry the doors open on my truck this AM. 50 yesterday with rain, 8 right now with 15 MPH winds with gusts to 30. Supposed to only go to - 4 but the winds are going to howl all night.
     
    jtakeman likes this.
  17. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,318
    Likes Received:
    55,531
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    We had the yoyo too, Low 30's on Monday morning with drizzle(lots of slick spots) to 50°F and rain on Monday afternoon. Snowed Monday night on top of the freezing puddles so you couldn't see them Tuesday morning I slipped on the steps and darn near went for a dozy. Both my car and truck were frozen. Driveway was a skating rink along with the side roads. Hit the highway and they weren't much better. Froze my cans off all day. Got the sniffles now. Eerrr!

    And it looks like we get to do it all over again as temps are due to climb to the 50's again. Really??? :mad:

    Is it spring yet?

    P.S. It wasn't even 72°F in the house this morning or when I got home. I guess I should have left the cubex in for a couple a days. I scooped out the PTL's out and filled the hopper with high test! House is 74°F now and I'm going to bed!
     
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014