After I do some milling , this trail will finally get opened up. Both are hemlocks that came down in one of the storms this summer, I'll save two 8 or 9 footers for milling, the tops will stay for cover.
Remember these, I was getting ready to work on a downed hemlock when I noticed this (sundog rainbow) correct me if I'm wrong on the name.
When he was a baby he juggled a chainsaw, rattle and camera.. Now he has added beer can's to his repertoire..
After milling the pine I opened up this trail, my plans were for 2 eight foot logs for milling but that changed quick, the first log had some rot in it (water came pouring out after I made a cut) so I decided they would become shoulder season wood. The bottom hemlock in the above picture never popped up when I got close to the root ball, but the second hemlock across the trail did. I cut from the middle of the tree back so it would come up off the ground with every cut, it never did until I was in the middle of the ferns, after the round dropped the tree started to inch up so I backed off then she stood up, pic 8004.