I've probably posted this before, but I'm making Belgian waffles in the morning. Old recipe from a friend in Belgium and delicious. They are rising overnight, so there should be pics in the morning. I was just telling the old lady that when we get the kitchen rewired we are getting a second Belgian style waffle iron so we can make these babies quicker!
Oooh! This one makes two at a time! http://www.amazon.com/Conair-WMK600...1452680&sr=8-1&keywords=belgian+waffle+makers
The batter after raising overnight. All set for a lumberjack breakfast. Made my last one extra special!
I love belgian waffles. I use the Krusteaz mix though. Pretty good stuff, but I bet yours is gooder. Care to reshare the recipe? Is it in the recipe thread?
Sourdough Belgian Waffles (Makes 5 Waffles) Ingredients: 1 cup Sourdough Starter 1 cup milk 3 eggs, divided 1/4 cup butter, melted 1/4 cup granulated sugar 1/2 tablespoon salt 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 cups all-purpose flour 280g Sourdough Starter 40g Powdered Milk 230g Water 3 eggs, divided 57g butter, melted 50g granulated sugar 9g salt 5g (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract 267g all-purpose flour Directions: Divide egg whites from yolks, placing yolks in large glass bowl and whites in small glass bowl. Place all other ingredients in the large bowl, wet ones first. Using a hand mixer whip the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Then use the mixer to combine all the other ingredients that are in the large bowl. Once combined, continue to mix for another minute to help the batter to form gluten. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter, adding 1/3 of the whites at a time. Cover and let sit overnight in the refrigerator or in a cold room. Cook in a Belgian-style waffle maker and serve hot.
If you want to make it not using sourdough start, replace 280g sourdough starter with 10g instant yeast, 135g water, 135g flour (2 1/4t yeast, 1/2c + 1T water, 1c flour). Powdered milk and water call for in the metric recipe can be replaced with 270g milk. Milk can be replaced in either recipe with butter milk or whey.