Ah Murphy. I know ye well. I think I spend more time looking for, walking to and from, and forgetting what, than I actually do getting things done. Then, of course, there's always the obligatory falling on the ice routine. That'll tend ta slow ya' down a wee bit. I hope nothing more than pride was hurt. Maybe SIL needs some tools for Christmas, birthday, Boxing day, etc., so yours can stay home. Oooh, or better yet, he keeps those and you get the new ones.
Gooder idea. I already have done that with my ladder. Left my old heavier one with him so I wouldn't have to take mine down when he needed one... and so I could get a bright shiny new lighter one. Today would be a good day to get mine out and set it right on that ice and try it, huh... Obviously, I pride myself in having no pride whatsoever when it comes to doing stupid things that might be seen as entertaining... ... that comes from decades of my bare face hanging out...
WildWildWest sent me a pic of these babies. His crews use em on icy shake shingle roofs. I might even be smart enough to put those on... asking a lot, I know...
I bought one of these for my cane. Might help so long as I don't poke my foot with it. Hate those falls on the ice.