So... yesterday I got a visit from ole Murph (Murphy's Law, what can go wrong, will go wrong)... been a while... always soooo good to see him... 5 PM... -Sat down to eat suppah and watch the news. All ready for the big snow storm. Shovels, check. Plow, check. Etc. -OH CHIT !!! I never put my red neck tonto cover on the back of my truck... -Piece of cake. I'll just go out and slam it on. Back in 10 minutes. No sweat. (I have 3- 2x4s I lay across the bed sides, tie them down, screw plywood to them) -So, I back the pickup into the shop 1/2 way so I can see. Slap those 2x4s on, and... all 4 ropes frozen solid. -20 minutes later using Grammy's hair dryer, the 2 minute job of tying those 2x4s down is done... -I walk out around the front of the truck and find the only 3' diameter chunk of ice in the yard... short flight into Grammy's flower garden flat on my back. Think pizzed off fat man growling loudly. Got lucky. Soft ground. -Plywood laid on 2x4s. Time to screw them down. No sweat. Just grab the drill and a dozen 2" screws. -Drill batteries are dead. All of my screw boxes are at my son in laws (he's building steps). No screw tips either. -Wandered around the basement and shop until I found some used screws and 2 worn undersized tips. -Stripped most of the screws attaching the plywood. 6 PM... -Sat down to eat suppah... and a handful of Ibuprofen. Murphy has now left the building... Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh !!!!!!!! ... So... this morning... this is kinda funny... last night... not so much... May have skeert the neighbors.
OMG, you have no idea how many $$$$$ I would have paid to view that performance in person........................
Hehehe... yeah, I spose it miiiiight have had some entertainment value... My honey just read this and apparently doesn't see the humor... ... and, I try so hard...
He's got impeccable timing that Murphy guy. Glad ur ok. And yea....sometimes it is funny looking back.
Ugh. Accidental falls not good. But you okay now is good. Speaking of slipping and falling. One of the few shows that our whole family can watch together on the TV is America's Funniest Videos on Sunday night. Falling seems to be at the top of the list of funny stuff people seem to enjoy watching. ? I'm not crazy about the show, but there is some funny dam videos. I laugh pretty hard sometimes and it is nice the family can all watch it together. Sorry about your Murphy event Stinny. As long as you were not hurt bad you can look back and laugh now. Some of the videos you see on there you really wonder how people come up with some of the ideas they come up with, and are still living.
When you landed, did you take (first instinct) a look around to see if anyone saw you flying???? That is usually what happens when I do it....................
Could of been worse Stinny, Grammy and the boys could have got you one of those "hover" boards for Xmas..................
So tell her she might want to follow you around and video tape you. Sooner or later you could be $10,000 richer!
I remember watching my daughter and some of her friends trying out their new snow boards one year. They kept falling in the first 10 feet of going down the hill. I decided it could not be that hard! Let me try that.
I was waaay too busy inventing lots of new words while I was spittin' nipples.... (maybe I was dreaming that last part)...
Never but NEVER make that statement...................that is just an invitation for it to happen again........don't ask me how I know that.......................
You just have to really mean it Rotti... really... not gonna happen ever again... nope... no sirree... ...... what could possibly go wrong...