In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Murphy 1... Stinny 0

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Stinny, Dec 29, 2015.

  1. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    So... yesterday I got a visit from ole Murph (Murphy's Law, what can go wrong, will go wrong)... been a while... always soooo good to see him... :picard:

    5 PM...
    -Sat down to eat suppah and watch the news. All ready for the big snow storm. Shovels, check. Plow, check. Etc.
    -OH CHIT !!! I never put my red neck tonto cover on the back of my truck... :headbang:
    -Piece of cake. I'll just go out and slam it on. Back in 10 minutes. No sweat.
    (I have 3- 2x4s I lay across the bed sides, tie them down, screw plywood to them)
    -So, I back the pickup into the shop 1/2 way so I can see. Slap those 2x4s on, and... all 4 ropes frozen solid.
    -20 minutes later using Grammy's hair dryer, the 2 minute job of tying those 2x4s down is done...
    -I walk out around the front of the truck and find the only 3' diameter chunk of ice in the yard... short flight into Grammy's flower garden flat on my back. Think pizzed off fat man growling loudly. Got lucky. Soft ground.
    -Plywood laid on 2x4s. Time to screw them down. No sweat. Just grab the drill and a dozen 2" screws.
    -Drill batteries are dead. All of my screw boxes are at my son in laws (he's building steps). No screw tips either.
    -Wandered around the basement and shop until I found some used screws and 2 worn undersized tips.
    -Stripped most of the screws attaching the plywood.
    6 PM...
    -Sat down to eat suppah... and a handful of Ibuprofen. Murphy has now left the building... :headbang:

    Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh !!!!!!!! :hair::hair::hair::hair::hair::hair::hair: ... :heidi:

    So... this morning... this is kinda funny... last night... not so much... :whistle: May have skeert the neighbors.
     
  2. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    OMG, you have no idea how many $$$$$ I would have paid to view that performance in person........................:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
  3. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Hehehe... yeah, I spose it miiiiight have had some entertainment value... :whistle:

    My honey just read this and apparently doesn't see the humor... :rofl: :lol:... and, I try so hard... ;)
     
  4. bocefus78

    bocefus78

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    3,694
    Likes Received:
    19,840
    Location:
    Indiana
    He's got impeccable timing that Murphy guy. Glad ur ok. And yea....sometimes it is funny looking back.
     
  5. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    I'm just glad you survived the flip as I have VAST experience of how bad that can potentially go..:thumbs:
     
  6. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Me too... I actually had time to think "you idiot" on the way down... :picard::D
     
  7. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Ugh. Accidental falls not good. But you okay now is good. :thumbs:

    Speaking of slipping and falling. One of the few shows that our whole family can watch together on the TV is America's Funniest Videos on Sunday night. Falling seems to be at the top of the list of funny stuff people seem to enjoy watching. ? I'm not crazy about the show, but there is some funny dam videos. I laugh pretty hard sometimes and it is nice the family can all watch it together. Sorry about your Murphy event Stinny. As long as you were not hurt bad you can look back and laugh now. Some of the videos you see on there you really wonder how people come up with some of the ideas they come up with, and are still living. :loco: :crazy:
     
  8. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    When you landed, did you take (first instinct) a look around to see if anyone saw you flying???? That is usually what happens when I do it....................
     
  9. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I hear Murphy will show up again if you buy one of these!
    [​IMG]
     
  10. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Could of been worse Stinny, Grammy and the boys could have got you one of those "hover" boards for Xmas..................:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
  11. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    So tell her she might want to follow you around and video tape you. Sooner or later you could be $10,000 richer!
     
  12. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    You first Zap... :popcorn:... :D
     
  13. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    :p... I will never ever fly again... :BrianK:... ever... really... :rofl: :lol:
     
  14. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    :rofl: :lol:I remember watching my daughter and some of her friends trying out their new snow boards one year. They kept falling in the first 10 feet of going down the hill. I decided it could not be that hard! Let me try that. :doh::picard::emb::D
     
  15. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    I was waaay too busy inventing lots of new words while I was spittin' nipples.... (maybe I was dreaming that last part)... ;)
     
  16. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Do they make hover boards with four wheels?
     
  17. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    Yep, called wheel chairs!:)

    Gary
     
  18. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Never but NEVER make that statement...................that is just an invitation for it to happen again........don't ask me how I know that.......................:doh:
     
  19. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    :rofl: :lol:
     
  20. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    You just have to really mean it Rotti... really... not gonna happen ever again... nope... no sirree... :whistle:...... what could possibly go wrong... :picard:
     
    Eric VW, wildwest and rottiman like this.