In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Work for Sunday

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Jan 4, 2014.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I'll get back to clearing trail, I'll start on pic 100 8390 an I think both are Basswood but I'll find out for sure tomorrow.

    Pic 100 8391 is to the left of 8390 on a different trail, this will be for another day.

    Pic 8389 is on my way to work.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Look like some fun cutting
    Be careful,
    ,Overhead cutting on down stuff looks like
    A good place to pinch the bar
     
  3. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Any day in the woods is my kind of day! Looks gorgeous hope you have a good time. I wish my back felt good enough to get out side today.
     
    mdavlee and raybonz like this.
  4. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    It should be a nice day, temps are at 24 degrees.
     
    mdavlee and Locust Post like this.
  5. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,511
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    35 here, but the nasties are heading in starting tonight. 4-8 inches and by Tuesday windchills -40ยบ. Have fun out there today Zap
     
    mdavlee likes this.
  6. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    So far during this trail clearing I haven't done that, did you just jinx me.
     
    raybonz and Locust Post like this.
  7. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Take a back saw along
    I've had a few times the extra saw was a big time saver ;)
     
  8. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I started today at pic 8390, I worked my way down through then cleared what I call the loop.
     

    Attached Files:

  9. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I came back to the area I started so I could clear the other trail that runs up the hill, pic 8412. I was able to make the run up the hill, I think two of the trees I cut today were maple, pic 8416.
     

    Attached Files:

    Pallet Pete and mdavlee like this.
  10. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    You make it look easy :)

    Pretty soon the trail will be 60' wide
     
  11. mdavlee

    mdavlee

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2013
    Messages:
    4,380
    Likes Received:
    10,479
    Looks like a good day to me.
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  12. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I'm happy with it, we still don't have enough snow to run the sleds.
     
  13. mdavlee

    mdavlee

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2013
    Messages:
    4,380
    Likes Received:
    10,479
    I would like to ride them once. I'm too far south to get to enjoy that stuff.
     
  14. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    That pole saw makes easier. I was looking at some of the damaged trees, I'll be cutting some nice ironwood this spring, the ice hit them hard.
     
    mdavlee likes this.
  15. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334