In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Stop Sign Reaction Time......................

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by rottiman, Dec 14, 2015.

  1. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
  2. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    I started @ 51 and got down to 24. The steering wheel on the right threw me off.:whistle:
     
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  3. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    Didnt see a stop sign just a red pop up ad!:D

    Gary
     
  4. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    I got down to 24. But mostly low 40's
     
  5. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    What are we doing again?
    Oh, I averaged low-mid 30s.
    I'm a little older than that.:BrianK:
     
  6. XXL

    XXL

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2014
    Messages:
    2,935
    Likes Received:
    15,702
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    I just wanted to go hunting there :whistle:
     
  7. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,163
    Likes Received:
    163,584
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    I hit a deer.
    No, seriously, I got between 37 and "a very very old person" :jaw: :rofl: :lol:​
     
  8. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
  9. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,749
    Likes Received:
    224,634
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    Better than the 274 I was feeling so good about!!!
    But I'm sure nothing more than nervous anticipation on my part....
     
  10. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Anybody see a stop sign... :binoculars:
     
  11. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    Oh Magoo
    image.jpeg
     
  12. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
  13. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    Oh I forgot, you're too young to remember. :) (Or too old?) :rofl: :lol:

    Mr Magoo Episode 09
     
  14. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    :p...... :D
     
  15. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    OK... Mid 30s... with my finger on a key. Lowest was 48 with hands on my lap.
     
  16. bassJAM

    bassJAM

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2014
    Messages:
    1,999
    Likes Received:
    6,021
    Location:
    Cincinnati, OH
    I started at 28, and got down to "not sure you're an actual human" like MasterMech.


    I do know my reaction time isn't what it used to me. I was driving out to pick up pizza Friday night after working outside all day and a mini van just about pulled out in front of me. Back in the day I would noticed it right away and slammed on my brakes, and maybe it was because I was tired and driving against a line of traffic blinding me, but had that van not realized their mistake and stopped I probably would have slammed into the side of it. It left me a little shaken up.
     
  17. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,163
    Likes Received:
    163,584
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Does internet connection speed play into this?
     
    NH mountain man and wildwest like this.
  18. DaveGunter

    DaveGunter

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    3,894
    Likes Received:
    22,936
    Location:
    Far Away Ranch, Meadowbrook Forest
    brenndatomu, rottiman and wildwest like this.
  19. concretegrazer

    concretegrazer

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,429
    Likes Received:
    12,455
    Location:
    Southwest MO
    yooperdave, rottiman and wildwest like this.
  20. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,675
    Likes Received:
    144,752
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina