In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Great Cake!

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Grizzly Adam, Nov 9, 2015.

  1. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Saw this in a magazine today.

    cake.jpg
     
  2. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,517
    Likes Received:
    95,544
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    That is awesome. Perfect for the Birthday thread and I bet it is all edible except for the base. Can you post it on the birthday thread as I think we are on a new page.
     
  3. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    The glass candy looking stuff is orange and yellow hard candies melted and then lightly mixed/streaked.
     
  4. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,517
    Likes Received:
    95,544
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    I thought so. Or it could have been corn syrup brittle with food coloring.
     
  5. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I read the article because i want one!
     
  6. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Very cool. Passed that image onto a Boy Scout leader friend of mine.
     
  7. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

  8. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

  9. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,517
    Likes Received:
    95,544
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Looks even better up close.
     
  10. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,517
    Likes Received:
    95,544
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    So I tried making the flames. It is really easy but make sure you find sugar hard clear candies. I used sugar free and they tend to soften up. I also used some that had gooey centers and they are sticky. the flames were spectacular.
     
  11. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Any pictures?
     
    NH mountain man and wildwest like this.
  12. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,517
    Likes Received:
    95,544
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    As long as you don't laugh at the cake. I couldn't find log cookies so I used large Kitkat bars. this is a campfire in the snow or my heart is on fire for you cake.

    100_3242.JPG
     
  13. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Very cool! I bet it made for a great birthday cake!
     
    NH mountain man likes this.