Do I need these for mailing gift cards for Christmas gifts? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A9VAKYMMFXG39
Good question ww. My wife keeps her cards in a case of some kind that is supposed to block. Something I hadn't considered.
I don't think so, the risk is pretty minimal. On the subject - look at raise.com for discounted cards before you pay full retail. There are other sites as well, I just use raise. Greg
Store gift cards up here don't have chips just bar codes. I never thought of the security of mailing them off. Mine are usually buried with other gifts in the main box but I do send birthday cards with gift cards in them.
Do not know if it works or if it is an old wives tale but my wife always says to wrap the gift card in aluminum foil before sending in the mail.
I've never run into anyone who has had an issue with just giving the GC the way it is. However, I did order some of those protector sleeves for my CCs. the only use of plastic cards issues I have run into, is where there was ID theft from a retail store. My credit union called me, canceled my debit card and issued a new one.
I don't think you'd need them. Who's going to scan them that wouldn't just steal the card during delivery? Maybe I'm missing something?