In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Is everyone ready for the cold frigid temperatures On the way?

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by HDRock, Dec 29, 2013.

  1. raybonz

    raybonz Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    4,225
    Likes Received:
    9,758
    Location:
    Carver, Mass.
    You're a Marine go barefoot!
     
    papadave and Locust Post like this.
  2. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    AC. Up here it depends on who you believe. Some of the locals believe that a different type of being lives in these foothills. Yeti? Sasquatch? But they can not seem to find any tracks or signs.

    Well I only live about an hour from the area thewoodlands lives. And have been looking into this. Although I do not know exactly where who it is or where they live. I am convinced it is related to our friends weather reporting.

    Shhhhh. I have a hunch. Could it be an end of weekend ritual? And here we are again. Sunday night! Coincidence? I think not.

    Could it be that these freak changes in the weather are related to the result of large amounts of weekend beers, snacks, and meals?

    You have heard of frost quakes before? They may have nothing on our friends power expulsions, AKA burp and blows! Could it be that if he didn't step outside for the misses, he would raise the roof off the house? Could it be these massive belches can be heard for many miles around and have drawn the likes of the Squatch hunters because of so many people scratching their heads and wondering what lives in the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains? After all, he is friends with the man they call Savage. Is he not? So by the time the weekend is over, could this result in atmospheric changes in humidity and precipitation for our region?

    So, this could possibly be a cover story, that "they" are usually off on the snow fall amounts. I have been/ am studying this phenomenon. And will get back to you when I find out more.

    My friends, if I do not return, you may find that I made a fatal error in assuming it was coming from the higher end of the being. Stay safe.

    I don't usually drink beer, but when I do.........
     
  3. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,512
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Beer?....it sounds like Pink Floyd and blotter acid Gas.......settle down up there my friend.
     
    rottiman, HDRock and raybonz like this.
  4. BrowningBAR

    BrowningBAR

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    1,379
    Likes Received:
    2,105
    Location:
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    It is far, far better now, with this setup than when I was running the Vigilant/Heritage/Intrepid setup. That blew.

    Looking forward to the King/Princess/Steel setup. I predict a lot of free time with that lineup.
     
    HDRock likes this.
  5. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    That last line was a reference to the DosEquis commercials. :( I have failed in my undertaking.
     
    Locust Post likes this.
  6. raybonz

    raybonz Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    4,225
    Likes Received:
    9,758
    Location:
    Carver, Mass.
    You'll have to take up knitting lol..
     
  7. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,512
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Carry on ;)
     
  8. BrowningBAR

    BrowningBAR

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    1,379
    Likes Received:
    2,105
    Location:
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    When I went from the Vigilant/Heritage/Intrepid line up to the 30/Defiant/Encore line up I found myself still pacing between the stoves checking them even though it wasn't needed.
     
    raybonz and HDRock like this.
  9. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Well with 3 stoves, I Imagine that would be a lot better chance of burning your house down, if you're not careful ;)
     
  10. amateur cutter

    amateur cutter

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    5,997
    Likes Received:
    48,771
    Location:
    Gun Lake MI
    Bawhahahahha. That's funny gas. Best laugh of the week right there. That's the sort of "climate change science" even I can understand there.:rofl: :lol:
     
    HDRock and savemoney like this.
  11. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Ready ! close to 3 weeks supply in the basement.

    20° today , was kinda nice.
    Went out with the G-kids & towed them around with the ski-doo.
    No one got frost bite & the hot chocolate warmed every one back up.
     
    papadave, HDRock and raybonz like this.
  12. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Yeah I saw the big pile in the basement in the other thread, way to go :thumbs:
     
  13. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    Rained real hard here today and the backyard is a mud hole. Especially in front of my stacks where I stirred it all up splitting the past month. Right now I need some below freezing temps so I can get wood without making a mess but I do prefer it above 0.
     
    HDRock and raybonz like this.
  14. Joe

    Joe

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2013
    Messages:
    207
    Likes Received:
    851
    Location:
    Mesick, MI
    New here, but have been on arboristsite a couple times, always seem to not work for me. Found this place and am liking it so far... Seems geared more to what I like to do... hoard firewood!

    There is too much snow for me to get into the woods. I've cleaned my 361, sharpened every chain I have, and am just sitting around watching my wood burn... I'm getting anxious to go cut a dead ash or three down. This cold weather we have had cost me a lot of wood.
     
  15. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Sounds like you'll fit right in here, welcome aboard
     
  16. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Cold is already here. Woke up to -8 this morning and it's already down to -6 tonight.
     
    HDRock likes this.
  17. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Welcome there, Michigan Joe :thumbs:
     
  18. NortheastAl

    NortheastAl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,887
    Likes Received:
    28,161
    Location:
    Putnam County NY
    Welcome, Joe. You'll like it here, especially if you're a hoarder.
     
  19. Joe

    Joe

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2013
    Messages:
    207
    Likes Received:
    851
    Location:
    Mesick, MI
    Thanks all, and yeah it pains the hoarding side of me to see my wood stacks getting lower. Need to cut more next year.
     
  20. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    I hear yah, empty spots are sad to see :(