It was 40 degrees Today so I took Advantage and filled everything up to the max, The big racks on the back porch and the bin in the house.
I had planned to fill the front porch, but didn't. The shed is only a few feet from the front door, so no big deal. Plenty of wood out there, and I'm back to using the Oak. I'll probably turn on the DV heater overnight for the next few days, since the stove struggles when it gets this cold. Besides, I don't want to do a reload in the middle of the night anymore.
I see you're getting cold up there already, In the next few days going to get really cold up there. The stove took a break today I ran the electric heaters
supposed to be back to cold again here in OH the next few days. Been running the Princess on low while its been warm. Took advantage of the nice weather and finished up all my stacking and brought a skid of ash up to the house.
I am about sick of this weather! I wish it would get cold enough to freeze the ground and keep it frozen so I could get out ini the woods without tearing everything up.
We're ready for another battle with mother nature, loaded to the gills with beech, sugar maple & ash and the pellet stove ready to go. This is for our area. THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTHERN NEW YORK...CENTRAL VERMONT AND NORTHWEST VERMONT. .DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT. A STORM SYSTEM TRACKING ALONG THE EASTERN SEABOARD WILL BRING A MIXTURE OF RAIN...SLEET AND SNOW TO THE NORTH COUNTRY THIS AFTERNOON INTO EARLY MONDAY MORNING. CURRENT FORECASTS INDICATE A GENERAL 1 TO 4 INCHES OF HEAVY WET SNOW IS EXPECTED ACROSS NORTHERN NEW YORK INTO THE CHAMPLAIN VALLEY BY EARLY MONDAY. THIS HEAVY WET SNOW MAY CAUSE ADDITIONAL POWER OUTAGES ACROSS THE REGION. IN ADDITION...A FLASH FREEZE IS POSSIBLE ON MONDAY MORNING...CREATING A HAZARDOUS MORNING COMMUTE ACROSS THE NORTH COUNTRY. .DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY. MUCH COLDER TEMPERATURES ARE LIKELY FROM TUESDAY ONWARD...WITH NIGHT TIME LOWS WELL BELOW ZERO BY THE MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK. WIND CHILL VALUES ON TUESDAY NIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY MAY APPROACH 20 TO 30 BELOW ZERO.
Better get the generator ready too Zap! Filled my 40" wood hoop this AM before the rain started.. Driveway is gonna get muddy AGAIN..
Mmmmm. sounds nice, NOT! We're going down to 1 or 2 at night, & teens at best during the day. Ground got a little soft, but not bad. Got the ice off everything at least. Got Oak, Hickory, & Locust ready to go. I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be. A C
Yup, loaded up today. Going down to 0 here tonight and that will be the high for the next 5 days. Nights to be down around to high -20's with wednesday night down to -32. Both stoves thumping with 3 yo Red Oak and Sugar Maple.
This Friday should be interesting. 18 as a high during the day and 8 at night with 20 mph winds. Which means about -15 with windchill. Definitely switching to hardwood on that day and will have all three stoves going.
This year they've been way off on the snowfall totals so I think we're safe, but the generator is still ready.
Yea Zap, they're usually off here too. If they call for blizzard we're generally pretty safe, it's when they say a couple inches, or possibly a little freezing drizzle before it changes to snow that you better be ready. A C
I used today to finish tarping the wood piles and keep working on the garage insulation. I COMPLETELY forgot to fill the wood bins. Thanks for the reminder.
Get ahold of Sav, he explained how it was working @ his house earlier re: wood retrieval............LOL