You are giving me a stove, I can not ask you to drive 12 hours round trip plus the cost of fuel. If nothing else comes about, maybe my friend can meet you at some halfway mark; at least that way the trip and fuel cost will be shorter. I don't want to be a burden and your generosity in giving me the stove is greatly felt. Big Hugs.
Kimberly you need to start an install thread, or this can be it. I know you have some pictures in various threads. It would be a good idea to bring them all together - gives everyone a clear idea of starting point so helpful advice can be given. Some questions I have(assuming your plan is through the wall): Are your ceilings vaulted? How much roof overhang is there on the exterior of the house? have you reviewed the clearance to combustibles on the NC-13? What type and pieces of stove vent have you accumulated for the install?
I will start gathering the information you have requested and will start a new thread with the data. Just waiting for the monsoon to end; winds are still blowing a bit bu hopefully this messy weather is starting to clear.
I spoke with my friend this morning and he informed me that he would not be able to meet Canadian border VT half way because he does not have the time to spare at this time. I just hate to ask someone that gave me a stove to spend a day delivering it; before it was going to be on the way but it is different now.
Here is an update on Babaganoosh who had offered to pick up the stove if he decided he was going to drive up and get his stove in Ma. Babaganoosh has been sick and had to get his stove shipped. So now I am out of ideas.
So much kindness here.... Kimberly, keep the light of faith and hope lit. It shall come to be. If I was a NY'er still, I'd have yer back. But I'm about 2 hrs west of you now... If you need hearth construction help, I might be able to assist, as stated before. Chin up, young lady!
I will look at shipping options to see what the fees will be. Getting late and I am tired so will do it tomorrow.
I'm late to the party here but, once again, amazed and humbled at the kindness and generosity of our members. It just leaves me speechless, it really does. Canadian border VT, that's very generous of you. And Eric VW, likewise! Where in NJ are you, Kimberly? Because some of us may SOMEHOW be able to round up and come down for a Saturday to try and get you a hearth put together. Just an idea.... While I am very busy every dang weekend, when I see a these like this it truly makes me wanna drop what I'm doing and try to help out..... At the very least, give us see specific information in regards to the place whee you want to install the stove and also some materials you have on hand. Let's at LEAST see if we can get you started here......
Thanks Scotty. My friend lives in New Jersey and will bring the stove to me if I can get it from Vermont to New Jersey; he is planning on coming down around Oct. 14. I am trying to find a way so that Canadian Border VT does not have to drive down to NJ with the stove because there are going to be fuel costs and toll costs as well. I have no materials on hand for the hearth. I think I have most of the things required for the chimney.
Yeah, eric, lolly columns are what we call the metal posts that are generally used in basements to support the first floor joist.
is it a northern thing or most older southern and western home don't have basements? not needed in new construction as most free span with trusses. up heayah, as you are aware my Yankee friend. it gets a little chilly heat works best in the basement and rises really it does!