In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

My view

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by NYCountry, Sep 30, 2015.

  1. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    My view from the top of my roof at work looking at the Tappan Zee Bridge
     

    Attached Files:

  2. XXL

    XXL

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2014
    Messages:
    2,935
    Likes Received:
    15,702
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    Nice! Can't imagine living that close to NYC.
     
  3. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    I live about 1 hour from NYC just to hectic. I worked about 20 years there and really don't miss it. The only time I like to go is during Christmas and bring the kids down there to see the tree. .
     
  4. jatoxico

    jatoxico

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2014
    Messages:
    385
    Likes Received:
    1,309
    Location:
    Long Island, NY
    Drive over the Tap fairly often and the progress has been brisk. Probably like building a house, the major structure goes up quick but finishing takes longer. In any case it's impressive, the big crane they brought up is massive. Thanks for posting.
     
  5. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    My pleasure. When you got the right machines, you can do fast work. They are coming along quick...the cost is gonna be crazy about $14 from what I hear. That's crazy
     
    wildwest and Backwoods Savage like this.
  6. eatonpcat

    eatonpcat

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    10,278
    Likes Received:
    58,474
    Location:
    Eaton Township, OH
    Nice
     
    wildwest and NYCountry like this.
  7. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
    $14 would be quite nice! :whistle:
     
    milleo, wildwest and NYCountry like this.
  8. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    I'm glad I don't have to go over that bridge. I feel bad for the ones that have to cross everyday ouchh
     
    wildwest and Backwoods Savage like this.
  9. eatonpcat

    eatonpcat

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    10,278
    Likes Received:
    58,474
    Location:
    Eaton Township, OH

    $14.00/day to cross is peanuts compared to what it costs them to park when they get there!!
     
    unclefess and Canadian border VT like this.
  10. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    I agree. It's crazy the amount of money people pay to park in NYC OUTRAGEOUS
     
    eatonpcat likes this.
  11. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,332
    Location:
    Central PA
    That's a great photo, but I personally have no desire whatsoever to set foot in a big city like that. Ever....

    14.00 a day to cross a bridge?? No way......
     
  12. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    I don't blame you. It's to crazy in the city. I guess they are gonna try and get some of the money they spent making the new bridge
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.