In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Tree came down this afternoon

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Backwoods Savage, Oct 1, 2015.

  1. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,155
    Location:
    Central MI
    Sorry, no pictures as I was hunting at the time. Sitting in a blind (too windy for climbing trees) when all of a sudden I heard the crack then the thing hit the ground. Far enough away to miss me but close enough to make things pucker a bit! :rofl: :lol:

    No, I did not get a deer although I could have if I'd wanted only meat. I can wait for a nice one. Saw mostly does today; only one buck. It was so windy that they all were very spooky.
     
  2. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    Good to hear your ok. Sure was windy today. You got plenty of time to get that big buck. Now you can go back and get that tree that fell..
     
  3. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Very windy today. Took the dogs for a walk over near the swampy area and found a bunch of trees down.
    I keep finding branches sticking out of the ground...........time to get out of the woods.:eek:
     
  4. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,155
    Location:
    Central MI
    I usually don't go in the woods much when it is this windy but after all, today was opening day of deer season! One has to keep his priorities!
     
  5. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    When a tree falls in the Forrest and Dennis is hunting, it does make a sound..... Yes- glad you're alright!
    So.... What kind of tree was it:rofl: :lol::thumbs:
    Ash, perhaps?
     
  6. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,155
    Location:
    Central MI