In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Quality One Pellets

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by ttdberg, Sep 29, 2015.

  1. ttdberg

    ttdberg Pellet Pig

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2014
    Messages:
    3,596
    Likes Received:
    16,002
    Location:
    CT
    I've seen these in small quantities at two local TSC stores. 100% softwoods. Anyone have the scoop on them?
     

    Attached Files:

    IHATEPROPANE and imacman like this.
  2. subsailor

    subsailor

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    3,693
    Likes Received:
    14,973
    Location:
    Winthrop, Maine
    Did you buy any to try so you can tell the rest of us if they're any good?
     
  3. ttdberg

    ttdberg Pellet Pig

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2014
    Messages:
    3,596
    Likes Received:
    16,002
    Location:
    CT
    Not yet...
     
    IHATEPROPANE and imacman like this.
  4. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,528
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    Song from "Jeopardy" is playing in the background......:whistle:
     
  5. bogieb

    bogieb

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2015
    Messages:
    12,561
    Likes Received:
    76,392
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    Capital Forest Products' website says they are a cedar shake and shingle distributor. They also show natural cedar mulch as a seasonal product (along with the pellets), so my guess is cedar. Do I win a prize if I'm right? :smoke:
     
    IHATEPROPANE, imacman and ttdberg like this.
  6. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,312
    Likes Received:
    55,506
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    BT Enterprizes used to get the hardwood blend a while back. Brian told me that he though they were made by Corinth IIRC.

    Capital Forest Products doesn't have/own a mill IIRC.
     
    IHATEPROPANE, imacman and ttdberg like this.
  7. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    tt....a few years back HD had a pallet or two of them and I grabbed a couple bags. They burned like crap in my old pdvc. Very small busted up pellets and turned my glass black in no time but like I said that was a while ago. IIRC bag had a lot of fines in it too.
     
  8. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,312
    Likes Received:
    55,506
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    That's about what I remember. And that was about what we were getting from the Corinth. I do believe they revamped their process and bounced a few slacker(personal). gbreda has burned some of the newer stuff and liked it.

    They are also the mill that is supplying the softwood blend for Inferno golds. And I have a contct that has burned their latest softwoods and found them to be pretty decent. Although not outstanding like a BC softy or a Vermont. But rather worth trying if score reasonable. I have yet to see any of their softies in my area. Its its been a few seasons since BT carried their blend!!

    But like any pellet I just have to get the scoop and burn them just because!!
     
    gbreda, IHATEPROPANE, ttdberg and 2 others like this.
  9. ttdberg

    ttdberg Pellet Pig

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2014
    Messages:
    3,596
    Likes Received:
    16,002
    Location:
    CT
    Thanks guys. I don't have high hopes for these. All of the pallets have some kind of damage, leading to exposure to the elements, it's uncanny. Not sure if it's mis-handling, poor wrapping, or what. I'm not sure if I can get a couple decent bags of them even if I wanted to. I will try, of course - like any good pig would! But my expectations are low.
     
    gbreda, bogieb, IHATEPROPANE and 2 others like this.