In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Dust deputy

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Tsquini, Sep 13, 2015.

  1. Tsquini

    Tsquini

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2014
    Messages:
    67
    Likes Received:
    188
    i just bought this cyclone filter to help save my shop vac from the cleaning the stove. It worked well. 99% of the ash went into the bucket and not the shop vac.
     

    Attached Files:

    WVhunter and Shawn Curry like this.
  2. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    That's nice to hear. I've been thinking hard about getting one of those, but I'll use it in the shop.
    I take it this is the "start of season" cleaning?
     
    WVhunter and Shawn Curry like this.
  3. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    Went to Amazon to look this up and found one review that looked very ingenious:
    upload_2015-9-13_11-9-46.png
    I like to keep things simple. Lots of other options listed on Amazon, but this looked like the most reasonable cost wise. I would prefer a metal bucket to attach that cyclone to.
     
    WVhunter and Shawn Curry like this.
  4. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    If you're at all handy, you can make your own too. LOTS of plans and how-tos.
    For the sake of expediency, buying one works.
     
    WVhunter likes this.