In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

A close one.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Backwoods Savage, Aug 28, 2015.

  1. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    49,005
    Likes Received:
    312,353
    Location:
    Central MI
    Almost got hit.JPG
    A couple days ago I was on the lawn mower and decided to go out to the mailbox (long drvieway). While going, I hugged the edge on one side of the driveway because in spots I'll start the blade to chop a few weeds.

    On the way back I noticed a large tree limb down (picture does not do it justice). Hum, it was not there when I went out. But if you look closely, almost in line with the tire on the trailer you will see where the limb hit (I had moved the limb before the picture). Had that thing came down while I was there, I'd probably been conked on the head!!!! Wow. That would have been worse than nasty.

    btw, yes, we had some recent rain and that is usually when we find some limbs down but usually they are from the oaks. This one was popple.
     
  2. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,527
    Likes Received:
    95,604
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Glad you are safe. It would have been a nasty surprise.
     
  3. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    You better get ahold of a lottery ticket....................:rofl: :lol:. Glad your safe.
     
  4. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Lots of small ones around here that like to lean WAY over, then break, sometimes right at the ground. Found one yesterday out at the stacks.
    Heck, even the big ones like to break off in a good storm.
    Gooder timing.
     
  5. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    the town did a lot of tree trimming along the road this year. Hopefully, we won't have that issue.
     
  6. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    the town did a lot of tree trimming along the road this year. Hopefully, we won't have that issue. Dennis, it just wasn't your time yet!
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  7. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,551
    Likes Received:
    141,596
    Location:
    US
    Glad you weren't harmed, Backwoods Savage!
    You need to check the mail wearing a forestry helmet, Dennis!
     
    Backwoods Savage and papadave like this.
  8. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    49,005
    Likes Received:
    312,353
    Location:
    Central MI
    That's what I was thinking Eric.
     
    rottiman and papadave like this.