In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Not another one of these "mills"

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by slvrblkk, Aug 2, 2015.

  1. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    ttdberg, wildwest and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  2. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    Tons of spelling errors, all caps, no price, yahoo email. :picard:

    Gary
     
  3. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    I thought my grammar was bad! lol
     
    ttdberg, wildwest and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  4. IHATEPROPANE

    IHATEPROPANE

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2013
    Messages:
    4,678
    Likes Received:
    19,110
    Seams lik a reeputible biseness!
     
  5. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,179
    Likes Received:
    166,484
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    The yahoo email isn't the issue. There's plenty of other red flags.
     
    ttdberg, wildwest and slvrblkk like this.
  6. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    Ya Google does not even find them!

    Google
     
  7. subsailor

    subsailor

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    3,693
    Likes Received:
    14,973
    Location:
    Winthrop, Maine
    Don't confuse this place with Northeast Wood Pellets out of Ashland Maine. They've been around for quite a while and IIRC they were the first pellet mill in Maine. They're still around but don't seem to have the same amount of product or the quality that they had before an explosion and fire destroyed the place.
     
    ttdberg and wildwest like this.
  8. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,313
    Likes Received:
    55,506
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    Don't think they ever got back up to full speed. Took so long to get repaired they probably lost all their crew. I see their stuff at TSC every once in a blue moon. Seem to burn fine, Not a lot of heat or density. But they do burn pretty clean!! 100% softy by the looks of em.

    Got my fingers crossed they get things sorted!!
     
    ttdberg and wildwest like this.
  9. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,528
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    Interesting.....the CL ad is out of Philly, but the Google map they provide is a place SW of Syracuse, NY. o_O Zooming in (on Satellite view), it points to an apartment complex.

    Beware
     
    ttdberg, wildwest and slvrblkk like this.
  10. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    quick google of their number showed them from Brooklyn NY

    really?!? txt to order?!? :picard:
     
    ttdberg, wildwest and slvrblkk like this.
  11. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,528
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    BTW, they are advertising on my local CL too.:rolleyes:
     
    ttdberg and slvrblkk like this.
  12. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    Order up Pete! :rofl: :lol:
     
    ttdberg, IHATEPROPANE and imacman like this.
  13. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,528
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    Right away!!! I'm gonna send them enough $$ for 10 tons! :wacky:
     
    ttdberg, jtakeman and slvrblkk like this.
  14. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    See pellets, buy pellets, no see pellets, no buy pellets. Simple as that. I never buy anything from CL without first seeing it. Scamming has become a full time profession to way too many lazy B--stards
     
    ttdberg, will711, jtakeman and 2 others like this.
  15. subsailor

    subsailor

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    3,693
    Likes Received:
    14,973
    Location:
    Winthrop, Maine
    You're right. Their product was better before the fire than it is now.

    I'm headed up to Aroostook County where Northeast is. I'll ride by their plant to see what's up. I may pick up a few bags if the price is right.
     
  16. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    please do a follow up eval if you are able to get some. thanks
     
    ttdberg, imacman and jtakeman like this.
  17. subsailor

    subsailor

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    3,693
    Likes Received:
    14,973
    Location:
    Winthrop, Maine
    I went by the plant today. I wasn't able to get too close but there didn't seem to be a lot of activity. No steam or anything like that that would indicate they were running. I did see a truck in there that looked like it was being loaded and I did get a glimpse of some product stacked in the distance. As I headed out (they're on a dead end road) I passed a chip truck that looked like it was going to turn in to their plant but I couldn't confirm it. Tomorrow I'll have a chance to check out local pellet supplies.
     
    ttdberg, imacman and jtakeman like this.
  18. subsailor

    subsailor

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    3,693
    Likes Received:
    14,973
    Location:
    Winthrop, Maine
    As it turned out, due to an abundance of road construction and some hellacious thunderstorms, I didn't get to check out as many pellet places as I thought I would. I have noticed, though that the prices here at the top of Maine are a little more reasonable than some places. I have seen MWP, Maine Choice and Northeast Pellets at Walmart for $220. I passed another place that had a sign for Canawick for $235. I burned a couple of bags of these a couple years back and thought they were very ashy and light on heat. I passed a stove shop that had some Comfy Cozy's out front and went back and bought a bag. I have heard of these, mostly on the old site from Canadian members. They are made in Fredrickton NB. This guy claims he is one of only 2 dealers in Maine and it's pretty much all he sells. I'll post my thoughts on them later on this winter when it's cold enough to get a good read on them.
     
  19. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,313
    Likes Received:
    55,506
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    Should be any day now that its after July 4th. :whistle:

    o_O
     
    ttdberg likes this.
  20. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,528
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    HEY!!!!! Enough of that. :mad: